Easy homemade pizza dough recipe that’s ready in less time than it takes to order takeout! This tasty pizza dough is ready in less than 20 minutes, and it can be used to make pizza, breadsticks, and more!
This easy homemade pizza dough is perfect for nights when you want a quick pizza but don’t want to go out for takeout.
How to make pizza dough
To make the dough, begin by proofing the yeast. Mix the yeast, sugar, and water together. Let it sit until foamy, about 5-10 minutes.
If the yeast doesn’t foam, throw it out, and start over.
Next, stir in the olive oil, salt, and part of the flour. Continue adding in flour a little at a time until the dough is soft, smooth, and elastic.
Cover the dough, and let it rest.
I let the oven preheat while the dough rests, and then it’s a matter of rolling out the dough, topping it, and baking it.
How many pizzas will the dough make?
I use this recipe to make two 12-inch pizzas. Using that size pizza pan, gives me two pizzas with pan-style crusts.
More easy dough recipes!
If you’ve tried this easy homemade pizza dough recipe, don’t forget to rate the recipe and leave me a comment below. I love to hear from people who’ve made my recipes! You can SUBSCRIBE to receive my latest recipe newsletters or FOLLOW ME on FACEBOOK, INSTAGRAM and PINTEREST for even more delicious food.
Easy Homemade Pizza Dough Recipe
- 1 tablespoon active dry yeast
- 2 teaspoons granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 cups warm water about 110 F
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 3 3/4-4 3/4 cups bread flour
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the dough hook attachment, stir yeast, sugar, and water together.
- Let mixture sit until yeast is foamy, about 5-10 minutes.
- Stir in olive oil, salt, and 2 cups flour.
- Continue adding flour 1/4 cup at a time until dough clears sides of bowl. Dough should be soft, smooth, and elastic.
- Cover, and let dough rest for 10 minutes.
- Use as desired to make pizza, breadsticks, and more.