Lasagna Dip is pure cheesy, comforting goodness. This recipe takes everything good about lasagna and turns it into an easy dip recipe.
My favorite way to eat lasagna is to use a garlic knot or some garlic bread to scoop up all of the sauce. The combination of the bread, the sauce, and the cheese are all so perfect together.
This Lasagna Dip gets rid of the noodles and leaves you with all of that cheesy, saucy goodness. It’s a warm, comforting appetizer that’s perfect any time (like when you’re watching a certain big game). So, if you like lasagna, you’ll love this dip!
- 1/2 lb . Italian sausage (I use lean Italian turkey sausage)
- 1/4 c . chopped onion
- 3 cloves garlic (minced)
- 15 oz. can crushed tomatoes
- 1/2 T . dried basil
- Salt to taste
- 1 ½ c . ricotta cheese (part-skim ok)
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 c . Parmesan cheese (divided)
- 1 c . shredded Italian cheese blend
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Lightly grease a shallow baking dish; set aside.
- In a skillet, brown sausage. Try to break the pieces up; you don't want any giant pieces of sausage in the dip.
- Drain, and return to pan.
- Add onion and garlic; saute for 30 seconds, stirring the entire time.
- Add tomatoes, basil, and salt to taste.
- Let simmer 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- While the sauce simmers, stir together ricotta, egg, and 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese.
- Spread cheese mixture into the bottom of prepared baking dish.
- Top with tomato sauce, and then sprinkle with remaining Parmesan and Italian cheese.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes, or until hot and bubbly.
- This dip is especially good when served with garlic knots