Slow Cooker Barbecue Chicken Quinoa Chili is an easy, healthy crock pot dinner. With just a few minutes of prep, you can enjoy this good-for-you meal!
My slow cooker has been getting quite a workout lately!
With everything that we’ve had going on, it’s so nice to be able to take 10 minutes in the morning to prep dinner and then not have to think about it again until we’re ready to eat.
That’s why I love healthy crockpot chicken recipes!
Plus, this Slow Cooker Barbecue Chicken Quinoa Chili tastes great! This chili is delicious, and it’s full of good stuff like beans and veggies and quinoa.
This recipe makes a huge batch of chili, but the it reheats well, so you’ll be glad that there are leftovers. Be sure to use a barbecue sauce that you really like it will provide quite a lot of the flavor for this chili.
How to make vegetarian chili
Also, it’s really easy to make a vegetarian adaptation of this chili by simply swapping out the chicken for one more can of beans and using vegetable broth instead of chicken broth.
I top this with a little shredded cheese and a little cilantro, but feel free to use whatever you like with it.
More chili recipes!
If you’ve tried this slow cooker barbecue chicken quinoa recipe, don’t forget to rate the recipe and leave me a comment below. I love to hear from people who’ve made my recipes! You can SUBSCRIBE to receive my latest recipe newsletters or FOLLOW ME on FACEBOOK, INSTAGRAM and PINTEREST for even more delicious food.
Slow Cooker Barbecue Chicken Quinoa Chili
- 2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breast
- 1 cup finely chopped white or yellow onion
- 3-14 ounce cans diced tomatoes
- 2-15 ounce cans black beans (rinsed and drained)
- 15 ounce can corn (drained)
- 16-18 ounce bottle of barbecue sauce
- 14.5 ounce can reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 cup quinoa (rinsed)
- 1 teaspoon chili powder (feel free to add more if you like things on the spicier side)
- 1 tablespoon molasses
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon liquid smoke
- Place chicken in the bottom of the slow cooker (You’ll need at least a 5 quart).
- Add all of the other ingredients, and stir to combine.
- Cover, and cook on low for 8 hours.
- Take chicken out, and shred with two forks.
- Return to slow cooker, and stir to combine.