Best Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Bread! This easy one-bowl pumpkin chocolate chip bread recipe makes 2 loaves of yummy pumpkin bread.
I have my limits when it comes to pumpkin-flavored everything in the fall, but I do love a good loaf of pumpkin bread! This pumpkin chocolate chip bread was based on my easy pumpkin bread recipe.
This easy, one-bowl pumpkin bread recipe takes just minutes to mix, and it's best stirred by hand. The chocolate chip pumpkin bread is soft and moist without being greasy, and it has good pumpkin spice flavor.
How To Make Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Bread
In a large bowl, whisk the sugar and oil together. The mixture will look like wet sand.
Add the eggs and whisk in until well-combined. Whisk in the pumpkin puree until combined.
Add the dry ingredients, and whisk in just until combined. Don't overmix. Overmixing the bread will cause it to be tough and heavy.
In a small bowl, toss the chocolate chips and 1 tablespoon of flour together. This will keep the chocolate chips from all sinking to the bottom of the loaf.
Fold the chocolate chips in just until incorporated. Divide the batter between the prepared pans, and bake.
Tips For Making Perfect Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Bread
- I highly recommend mixing the bread by hand rather than using a mixer. It's easy to stir by hand and doing so will help to avoid overmixing the batter.
- Don't skip tossing the chocolate chips with the flour. This will help to keep the chocolate chips from sinking to the bottom of the loaf.
- You can use bittersweet, milk chocolate chips , white chocolate chips, or mini chocolate chips in place of the semisweet chocolate chips.
- Sometimes I'll add ½ cup chopped pecans along with the chocolate chips for a little crunch.
- Feel free to use more or less pumpkin pie spice in the bread depending on how much spice you like in your bread.
How To Store Pumpkin Bread
This bread is really moist. I like to store it in a resealable bag in the fridge for up to 5 days to keep it moist and help keep it from getting wet on top. The bread can also be stored, covered, at room temperature for up to 3 days.
More Pumpkin Recipes!
If you’ve tried this pumpkin chocolate chip bread recipe, don’t forget to rate the recipe and leave me a comment below. I love to hear from people who've made my recipes!
Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Bread
- Preheat the oven to 325F. Grease and flour two 8 x 4-inch loaf pans.2
- In a large bowl, whisk oil and sugar together. Mixture will look like wet sand.
- Whisk in eggs until well-combined.
- Add the pumpkin puree and whisk until well-combined.
- Add the flour, salt, pumpkin pie spice, baking soda, baking powder, and salt; whisk in just until combined. Don't overmix.
- Toss the tablespoon of flour and chocolate chips together in a small bowl.
- Fold the chocolate chips in just until incorporated.
- Divide the batter evenly between the prepared pans.
- Bake for 40-60 minutes, or until a wooden toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Let the loaves cool in the pans for 10 minutes, and then remove to a wire cooling rack to finish cooling.
- Be sure to buy pumpkin puree not pumpkin pie mix.
- I like to use a cooking spray with flour in it like Baker's Joy.
- Nutrition values are estimates.
Originally published 9/26/14. Updated with new photos and tips 10/6/19.