Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies are light and tender cake-like pumpkin chocolate chip cookie recipe. No chilling necessary for this easy cookie recipe!
Originally published 10/18/12. Updated with new photos and tips 9/17/18.
I can’t believe that October is more than half over, and this is the first pumpkin thing I’ve made!
The cake flour makes these pumpkin chocolate chip cookies the lightest, fluffiest cookies ever. They’re like spiced chocolate chip-studded pumpkin clouds.
How to make pumpkin chocolate chip cookies
These cookies are pretty simple to make. Simply beat the butter and sugar together, mix in the remaining wet ingredients, and then stir in the dry ingredients. It’s that easy!
Tip – One of the keys to successfully making these cookies is to use butter that is at cool room temperature. The butter should be soft enough that you can dent it if you gently press on it with your finger.
It shouldn’t be so soft that it’s softened though. If the butter is too warm, the cookies will spread too much as they bake.
I’ve included a link (below) to make your own pumpkin spice blend. It’s really easy and just takes a second to stir together.
If you prefer, you can use a store-bought blend in place of making your own.
How to make cake flour
If you don’t use cake flour very often, it’s easy to make little batches whenever you need it.
For this recipe, simply mix 2 ¼ cups all-purpose flour and 1/4 cup cornstarch together. Then, sift them together three times before using.
More pumpkin recipes
More Pumpkin Recipes
If you’ve tried this pumpkin chocolate chip cookie recipe, don’t forget to rate the recipe and leave me a comment below. I love to hear from people who’ve made my recipes!
Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Beat butter and sugar together for about 2 minutes or until smooth.
- Scrape down bowl.
- Add egg, pumpkin, vanilla and spices. Continue beating for 2 additional minutes. Batter may look separated.
- Scrape down bowl again.
- Add rest of ingredients to bowl, and mix just until flour is incorporated and all ingredients are combined.
- Using a 1-1/2 tablespoon cookie scoop, place dough about 2-inches onto cookie sheets lined with parchment paper or silicone baking mats.
- Bake for about 10 minutes.
- Let cool completely on baking sheet before transferring to plate.
Adapted from abountifulkitchen.com