I can’t believe that October is more than half over, and this is the first pumpkin thing I’ve made! The cake flour makes these the lightest, fluffiest cookies ever. They’re like chocolate chip-studded pumpkin clouds.
Check out my other pumpkin recipes below!
Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 1/2 c . butter , softened
- 1 ½ c . granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 c . pumpkin puree
- 1 tsp . vanilla extract
- 1 tsp . ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp . ground allspice
- 2 ½ c . cake flour*
- 1/2 tsp . salt
- 1 tsp . baking powder
- 1 tsp . baking soda
- 1 c . semisweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Beat butter and sugar together for about 2 minutes or until smooth.
- Scrape down bowl.
- Add egg, pumpkin, vanilla and spices. Continue beating for 2 additional minutes.
- Scrape down bowl again.
- Add rest of ingredients to bowl, and mix just until flour is incorporated and all ingredients are combined.
- Using a 1-1/2 tablespoon cookie scoop, place dough about 2-inches onto cookie sheets lined with parchment paper or silicone baking mats.
- Bake for about 10 minutes.
- Let cool completely on baking sheet before transferring to plate.
- *If you don't have cake flour, mix 2 ¼ c. all-purpose flour and 1/4 c. cornstarch together. Then, sift them together three times before using.
Adapted from abountifulkitchen.com