Any time something is called “melt-in-your-mouth”, it instantly kicks the yum factor up. And these Melt-In-Your-Mouth Frosted Pumpkin Cookies have plenty of yum!The Melt-In-Your-Mouth Frosted Pumpkin Cookies are tender, cake-like pumpkin spice cookies. I like a good amount of spice in my pumpkin spice cookies, so I add a fair amount of pumpkin pie spice. The cookies are topped with a super rich and creamy vanilla buttercream frosting. It is sweet and buttery with plenty of vanilla flavor. This recipe makes just over 3 dozen cookies, but it you need to make a double batch, this recipe does double well.
More pumpkin spice recipes!
Melt-In-Your-Mouth Pumpkin Cookies
- 1 c. butter at cool room temperature
- 1 c. granulated sugar
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 T. pumpkin pie spice
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoons vanilla
- 1/2 c. canned pumpkin puree
- 2 c. all-purpose flour
- 1/2 c. butter at cool room temperature
- 2-4 T. milk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 1/2 c. powdered sugar
- ground cinnamon sprinkled on top optional
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat.
- In a large bowl beat the butter on medium speed for 30 seconds.
- Add sugar, baking powder,baking soda, salt, and pumpkin pie spice. Beat until combined.
- Beat in the egg and vanilla until combined.
- Mix in pumpkin.
- Stir in flour until incorporated.
- Drop 1.5 tablespoons of dough 2 inches apart on prepared baking sheet.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes or until tops are set.
- Transfer to wire racks to cool.
- For frosting, beat butter until smooth.
- Add 2 tablespoons milk and vanilla extract. Beat until combined.
- Continue beating, and add powdered sugar 1/2 cup at a time.
- Add in additional milk to make desired consistency.
- Spread frosting on the tops of the cooled cookies.
- Sprinkle with additional cinnamon if desired.
Cookies adapted from BHG.com.