Easy pumpkin bread recipe makes 2 loaves of moist homemade pumpkin bread. No mixer needed! Includes directions for freezing and diy pumpkin spice.
So, every fall I get excited to make pumpkin bread. Pumpkin bread is close to a moist spice cake, which is one of my favorites.
This easy pumpkin bread recipe is just that. It’s so easy!
It’s a one-bowl recipe that doesn’t require a mixer or any special ingredients or equipment.
How to make pumpkin bread
This pumpkin bread is really easy to make! Simply whisk the dry ingredients together and set them aside.
Then, whisk the sugar and oil together. Whisk in the eggs, and then add the pumpkin.
Whisk in the dry ingredients, divide the batter between the pans, and bake.
Pumpkin bread variations
You can add nuts, chocolate chips, or both to this bread. I recommend 1 cup of add-ins.
Also, if you use chocolate chips, I’ve found that mini chocolate chips work really well in this bread.
How to store pumpkin bread
This bread can be stored in a resealable container at room temperature. It can also be stored in the fridge, and that will help it to stay fresh a little longer.
How long will pumpkin bread stay good for
This bread will stay good for about 2-3 days at room tempareture and for about 3-4 days in the fridge.
How to freeze pumpkin bread
The bread can be frozen for up to 3 months. Once it is completely cooled, wrap it tightly in aluminum foil and place in a resealable freezer bag. To serve, thaw overnight in the fridge.
More pumpkin recipes!
If you’ve tried this easy pumpkin bread recipe, don’t forget to rate the recipe and leave me a comment below. I love to hear from people who’ve made my recipes! You can SUBSCRIBE to receive my latest recipe newsletters or FOLLOW ME on FACEBOOK, INSTAGRAM and PINTEREST for even more delicious food.
Easy Pumpkin Bread|
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon pumpkin pie spice*
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 3/4 cups granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 15 oz can pumpkin puree**
- Preheat the oven to 325F. Grease and flour two 8 x 4-inch loaf pans.***
- In a medium bowl, whisk the flour, salt, pumpkin pie spice, baking soda, baking powder, and salt together. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk oil and sugar together. Mixture will look like wet sand.
- Whisk in eggs until well-combined.
- Add the pumpkin puree and whisk until well-combined.
- Whisk in the flour mixture until just combined. Overmixing the bread will cause it to be tough.
- Divide the batter evenly between the prepared pans.
- Bake for 40-60 minutes, or until a wooden toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Let the loaves cool in the pans for 10 minutes, and then remove to a wire cooling rack to finish cooling.