Moist banana nut bread recipe makes delicious banana bread! Add nuts, chocolate chips, or other mix-ins for the perfect loaf of banana bread!
I love coming up with recipes that put a twist on classic foods. It’s fun to give an old recipe a new spin.
There are times, though, when nothing beat a classic. This banana nut bread recipe is just that sort of classic recipe.
It’s a moist banana recipe that lets the banana flavor really shine. I like my banana bread to be just a little on the cakey side (rather than overly moist and gummy), and this one is.
It’s a great way to use up those extra overripe bananas! I made two loaves of this bread just this past week, and my two year-old and five year-old both love it as much as I do.
This banana nut bread recipe is also really simple. I mix it up (by hand) while the oven is preheating. Also, if you can wait, I find that the banana flavor is even stronger on the second day.
More banana recipes!
Banana Nut Bread Recipe
- 1 cup mashed banana about 2 very ripe bananas, peeled
- 1/3 cup butter melted
- 1/2 cup brown sugar packed
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2-2/3 cup chopped pecans or walnuts plus extra for sprinkling on top*
- Preheat the oven to 350F. Grease an 8x4-inch loaf pan. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk mashed banana and melted butter together until well-combined.
Whisk in sugars until incorporated.
- Add egg and vanilla, and whisk until well-combined.
- Stir in flour, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon until combined.
- Add nuts, and whisk until just incorporated.
Pour the batter into your prepared loaf pan, and sprinkle with additional nuts.
Bake for 45-60 minutes, or until a wooden toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. I check the bread around 35-40 minutes and tent with foil if it is browning too quickly.
- Let cool in pan for a 5-10 minutes.
- Remove bread to wire cooling rack, and let cool completely before slicing.
*Be sure to finely chop the nuts if sprinkling them on top.