Best slow cooker brownies! This crockpot brownie recipe makes gooey, fudgy brownies that bake right in the slow cooker.
These rich brownies "bake" right in the slow cooker. There are a few tips and tricks that help you make perfect brownies, but these brownies are so very easy to make.
And the brownies are pretty great! They're rich and fudgy in the center with great chewy edges and pockets of melted chocolate.
How To Make Slow Cooker Brownies
In a large bowl, whisk the melted butter and sugar together until well-combined. Add the eggs and vanilla extract and whisk in until well-combined.
Add the flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, and salt. Whisk in just until incorporated.
Stir in the chocolate chunks just until incorporated. Don't overmix.
Pour the brownie batter into the prepared slow cooker insert. Cover the top of the crock pot with a thin cotton towel and then place the lid over the towel.
Cook for 2-3 hours or until the edges are set and the center is fudgy.
How To Serve Brownies
These brownies are best served warm. They can be served as-is or topped with vanilla ice cream or whipped cream.
Tips For Making Slow Cooker Brownies
- The thin cotton towel helps to absorb moisture as it cooks. Just be sure that the cotton towel isn't too thick.
- I recommend mixing the batter by hand to avoid overworking the batter.
- If you have questions about making or baking brownies, check out my post on how to make brownies.
- The center of the brownies will still look gooey on top. The brownies should look done and shiny around the edges when cooked.
- If your slow cooker has a hot spot in it, line it with a foil collar before cooking.
More Slow Cooker Dessert Recipes!
If you’ve tried this slow cooker brownie recipe, don’t forget to rate the recipe and leave me a comment below. I love to hear from people who've made my recipes!
Slow Cooker Brownie Recipe
- ¾ cup butter melted
- 1 ½ cups granulated sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- ⅓ cup all-purpose flour1
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¾ cup semisweet chocolate chunks2
- Generously grease the insert of a 4-quart slow cooker nonstick cooking spray or butter.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the melted butter and sugar until well-combined.
- Whisk in the eggs and vanilla extract until combined.
- Add the cocoa powder, flour, and salt. Whisk in just until incorporated.
- Fold in the chocolate chunks.
- Pour the batter out into the prepared insert.
- Lay a thin cotton towel across the opening and put the lid on top of the towel.
- Cook on low for 2-3 hours. The brownies should look done around the edges but still look undercooked and gooey in the center.
- Be sure to properly measure the flour by stirring, lightly spooning into the measuring cup, and leveling.
- Or milk chocolate chunks
- Nutrition values are estimates.