Barbecue Bacon Cheeseburger Chili is an easy dinner recipe with lots of flavor! This kid-friendly chili makes a great fall or winter dinner!
Chili is one of our favorite meals. I love how flexible chili can be, so I regularly make several different kinds of chili.
This Barbecue Bacon Cheeseburger Chili is mild but, between the bacon, barbecue sauce, and spices, it still has lots of flavor.
This chili is also really easy to put together. It’s the perfect easy dinner for the coming chilly fall and winter nights!
Barbecue Bacon Cheeseburger Chili
- 2 lbs . lean ground beef
- 4 slices thick-cut bacon
- 1 onion (finely chopped)
- 2 -15 oz . cans kidney beans (rinsed and drained)
- 3 - 14 oz . cans diced tomatoes
- 16-18 oz . bottle of barbecue sauce
- 1 T. liquid smoke
- 1 T. cumin
- 1 tsp . chili powder (feel free to add more)
- 1 tsp . unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 tsp . smoked paprika
- Shredded cheese
- In a large pot or Dutch oven, brown the ground meat. Drain, and set aside.
- Cook the bacon. Set bacon aside, and drain all but about 1 tablespoon of the grease.
- Cook onion in bacon grease until soft, about 3-5 minutes.
- Return the browned ground beef to the pot.
- Add the rest of the ingredients. Stir to combine.
- Crumble bacon over the chili, and stir in.
- Cover, and simmer over medium-low heat, stirring as needed, for about 1-2 hours.
- Serve sprinkled with shredded cheese.