It has a gooey cinnamon roll-like filling in the middle of the pumpkin French toast. It’s all topped with a cream cheese icing. So, it makes a decadent breakfast or a yummy dessert.
Overnight Pumpkin Cinnamon Roll French Toast Casserole
- 12 oz . French bread cubed
- 2 large egg whites
- 3/4 c . brown sugar packed
- 1/4 c . granulated sugar
- 1 T. ground cinnamon
- 6 large eggs
- 2/3 c . pumpkin puree
- 1/4 c . milk
- 1 tsp . vanilla extract
- 4 oz . cream cheese softened
- 2/3 c . powdered sugar
- 2-3 T. milk
- 1/2 tsp . vanilla extract
- Grease a 2.5 quart baking dish.
- Place half of the bread cubes in the baking pan.
- For the filling, stir together egg whites, sugars, and cinnamon in a medium bowl until well-combined.
- Pour filling evenly over bread cubes.
- Top filling with other half bread cubes.
- For the egg mixture, whisk together eggs, pumpkin, milk, and vanilla extract in the same bowl you used for the filling.
- Pour egg mixture over bread cubes, smooshing bread cubes into mixture as needed.
- Cover, and refrigerate overnight.
- When you’re ready to bake the casserole, preheat oven to 350 F.
- Bake casserole for 30-35 minutes, or until lightly browned.
- To make the icing, whisk together cream cheese, powdered sugar, milk, and vanilla, adding milk as necessary to make desired consistency.
- To serve, cut into pieces, and drizzle icing over warm casserole.