This recipe has one of my favorite combos - garlic and rosemary.
Now, it may seem like there's a lot of garlic in this Slow Cooker Garlic Rosemary Chicken.
And there is.However, the garlic cooks down, and the cloves mellow until they reach a rich, soft, almost buttery consistency.
I suggest serving the extra cloves spread on some warm, crusty bread.
Also, peeling 40 cloves of garlic takes a while! Save yourself some time, and pick up a bag of pre-peeled garlic cloves.
Costco and Sam's Club carry them for about $4.50 for a large bag, and if you use a lot of garlic, it's worth it.
More slow cooker chicken recipes!
- Slow Cooker Pineapple Chicken Curry
- Slow Cooker Chicken Parmesan
- Slow Cooker Sesame Chicken
- Crock Pot Brown Sugar Bourbon BBQ Chicken
Slow Cooker Garlic Rosemary Chicken
- 1 T . extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 T . butter
- ½ teaspoon . kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon . black pepper
- 3-4 lbs . boneless skinless chicken breast
- 1 oz can chicken broth 14.5 .
- 40 cloves garlic peeled
- 2 T . chopped fresh rosemary
- Heat oil and butter in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat until butter melts.
- Sprinkle chicken breast with salt and pepper.
- Add chicken pieces to pan, and cook on each side or until golden brown. Remove chicken from pan, and place in slow cooker.
- Add garlic to pan, and cook for 1 minute, stirring constantly.
- Stir in broth, and boil until sauce cooks down to about 1 cup.
- Pour sauce and garlic over chicken; sprinkle with rosemary.
- Cover, and cook on low for 4 hours or until chicken is done.
- Serve sauce and garlic with chicken.
Adapted from MyRecipes.