Curries are great. They pack so much flavor into one little bowl!
Plus, they’re so much easier to make than most people realize.
Since this one is made in the slow cooker, it’s pretty toss and go.
You just add in the last round of ingredients when you start the rice, and everything should be ready at the same time.
This Slow Cooker Pineapple Chicken Curry is really a favorite.
I love how well the sweet/tart pineapple goes with the curry paste and coconut milk. It’s has nice flavor from the curry paste but not a lot of heat.
Feel free to adjust the spice level for your family’s tastes by adding in more or less of the curry paste.
Whether you go mild or spice it up, you really can’t go wrong with this pineapple chicken curry!
More slow cooker recipes!
Slow Cooker Pineapple Chicken Curry
- 20 oz can pineapple chunks in juice (drained, reserving 2 tablespoons)
- 7 T . red curry paste
- 3 T . fish sauce
- 2 T . fresh lime juice
- 2 T . fresh grated ginger
- 1 T . brown sugar
- 1 small white onion (halved and sliced)
- 3 lbs . chicken breast (cut into 1-inch chunks)
- 1/2 c . coconut milk (lite is ok)
- 2 bell peppers (seeded and cut into chunks)
- Rice (chopped peanuts, and cilantro)
- Stir together reserved pineapple juice, curry paste, fish sauce, lime juice, ginger, and sugar. Set aside
- Place onion across the bottom of the crock pot.
- Place chicken in crock pot over onion.
- Pour sauce over chicken.
- Cook on low 6-7 hours.
- Add coconut milk, pineapple chunks, and bell peppers during the last 30 minutes of cooking.
- Serve over rice, garnished with chopped peanuts and cilantro, if desired.