I’m always a little hesitant when it comes to spiciness. I like having enough heat to give my food a little kick, but I don’t like having so much that it hurts. It’s also nice to have some other flavors – like sweetness and smokiness – to round out the spiciness.This Slow Cooker Pineapple Chipotle Beef hits all of those notes. It has a good amount of heat, but it still has a nice bit of sweetness, savoriness, and smokiness.
This beef is fantastic in tacos, quesadillas, and in just about any other dish. So, it’s just as perfect for game days as it is for week days.
More delicious beef recipes!
If you’ve tried this slow cooker pineapple chipotle beef recipe, don’t forget to rate the recipe and leave me a comment below. I love to hear from people who’ve made my recipes! You can SUBSCRIBE to receive my latest recipe newsletters or FOLLOW ME on FACEBOOK, INSTAGRAM and PINTEREST for even more delicious food.
Slow Cooker Pineapple Chipotle Beef
- 1 chile from can chipotle chiles in adobo
- 1 tablespoon sauce from can chipotle chiles in adobo
- 2 cups pineapple juice
- 3/4 cup maple syrup
- 2 cloves garlic (minced)
- 2 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon liquid smoke
- 3-4 pounds boneless chuck roast
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Add the chile, sauce, juice, maple syrup, garlic, tomato paste, and liquid smoke to a food processor; pulse until smooth.
- Pour sauce into slow cooker.
- Add roast, fat side up, to slow cooker.
- Sprinkle roast with salt.
- Cover, and cook on high for 6 hours.
- Shred meat with 2 forks, and return to sauce.
- Continue cooking for 30 minutes.
adapted from Every Day with Rachael Ray