Crock Pot Mississippi Pot Roast is tender, juicy pot roast beef that’s full of flavor. This simple slow cooker recipe uses no mixes or packets.
This pot roast has become one of my favorite slow cooker recipes.
I’m always making new recipes, but this is one that I’ve made a number of times. I’ve tweaked it as I’ve gone, and this version is the way that I like it best.
What Makes This Crock Pot Roast Different?
Normally, crock pot Mississippi pot roast is made with a packet of ranch dressing, a stick of butter, and a packet of onion soup mix.
Since I don’t usually have those packets in my pantry, I decided to make a homemade version with the spices that I have.
This pot roast is tender and juicy and requires little prep, which makes it ideal for busy weekday mornings.
Do I Need To Brown The Roast?
I’ve tried browning the meat before adding it to the crock pot. It makes a difference in some recipes, but I didn’t find that it really added anything to this one.
So, I eliminated that step to make the recipe even faster and easier.
What To Serve With Crock Pot Roast
The pot roast is great on a sandwich or with mashed potatoes. It also reheats well and makes great leftovers.
More Pot Roast Recipes!
If you’ve tried this Mississippi pot roast recipe, don’t forget to rate the recipe and leave me a comment below. I love to hear from people who’ve made my recipes!
Crock Pot Mississippi Pot Roast
- 3-5 pound boneless chuck roast
- 2 1/2 tablespoons dried minced onion
- 2 teaspoons dried parsley
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon dried dill weed
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon Better than Bouillon beef base
- 1/4 cup salted butter
- 1/2 cup juice from jar pepperoncini peppers
- 4 pepperoncini peppers
- Place the roast in the slow cooker.
- In a small bowl, mix together the ingredients up to the butter. Sprinkle over roast.
- Place butter on top of seasoning, and place the peppers and juice around the roast.
- Cover, and cook on low for 8 hours.
- Shred the beef, and either discard the peppers or serve them with the beef.
Love this recipe?
Share your thoughts below and let’s chat! Make sure to connect with me on your favorite social platform below and show me what you made!