There weren’t many candy bars that I liked as a kid.
Skor bars were one of my favorites. I loved the combination of the rich, buttery toffee and the creamy chocolate.
Those candy bars were the inspiration for these toffee chocolate chip cookies. The cookies are soft in the middle with chewy edges. The toffee pieces and the dark brown sugar both give the cookies that rich toffee flavor, and they go perfectly with the chocolate chips.
Tips for making toffee chocolate chip cookies
These toffee chocolate chip cookies are incredibly easy to make.
- I stir them up by hand – no mixer needed.
- Also, I chill the dough to help the cookies keep their shape. If you don’t chill the dough, the cookies will be thinner and crispier. So, if you want a chewier cookie, make sure you don’t skip that step.
More easy cookie recipes!
If you’ve tried this toffee chocolate chip cookie recipe, don’t forget to rate the recipe and leave me a comment below. I love to hear from people who’ve made my recipes! You can SUBSCRIBE to receive my latest recipe newsletters or FOLLOW ME on FACEBOOK, INSTAGRAM and PINTEREST for even more delicious food.
Toffee Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 1 cup butter
- 1 1/2 cups dark brown sugar packed
- 1 large egg + 1 egg yolk
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 3 cups all-purpose flour*
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt or scant 1/2 teaspoon table salt
- 1/2 cup toffee bits
- 1 1/2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 375 F. Line baking sheets with parchment paper or silicone baking mat.
- Melt butter in a heavy saucepan.
- Add brown sugar to a large bowl.
- Pour melted butter over sugar.
- Stir to combine butter and sugar. Let stand 5 minutes.
- Add egg and egg yolk; stir to combine.
- Stir in vanilla extract.
- Add flour, baking soda, and salt. Stir until just combined.
- Stir in toffee bits and chocolate chips.
- I like to chill the dough for at least 30 minutes to give the ingredients a chance to meld.
- Using a medium cookie scoop (1.5 tablespoon), drop scoops of dough 2 inches apart on prepared cookie sheet.
- Bake for about 8-12 minutes, or until the edges of the cookies are golden brown.
- Let cool on cookie sheet for 5 minutes. Remove to wire rack to finish cooling.