One of my goals for this year was to try to eat healthier. Obviously, though, I wasn't willing to completely give up my cookies. So, I've been making lighter cookies, like my Quinoa Chocolate Coconut Cookies and my Flourless Fudge Cookies.
These Flourless Almond Joy Cookies are a chewier version of my Flourless Fudge Cookies. They're chocolaty and soft and chewy.
These cookies are also gluten free, and they only have 85 calories per cookie. But they're so rich and delicious that you'll never miss the extra calories and fat!
Flourless Almond Joy Cookies
- 3 c . powdered sugar
- ¾ c . unsweetened cocoa powder
- ¼ teaspoon . salt
- 4 large egg whites
- ½ c . almonds (finely ground)
- 1 T . pure vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon . almond extract
- 1 c . shredded coconut
- ¼ c . semisweet mini chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Line two baking sheets with silicone baking mats. Spray mats with nonstick cooking spray. You can also line with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the powdered sugar with cocoa powder and salt.
- Stir in the egg whites, ground almonds, and extracts.
- Whisk just until the batter comes together.
- Stir in the coconut and chocolate chips.
- Scoop the batter by the tablespoonful onto the baking sheets. Leave enough space between each cookie for them to spread (about 2 ½ ” of space between each cookie).
- Bake for 8-10 minutes.
- Makes 32 cookies.