Best chili recipe! This simple homemade beef Barbecue Chili recipe is flavored with barbecue sauce for an easy chili that's sure to please.
Originally published 10/2/13. Updated with new tips 8/6/18.
Barbecue Chili recipe is one of my favorite cold-weather dinners. I'm not much of a cold-weather person though.
When it dropped to 70 degrees here the other day, I figured that it was close enough to winter. So, I made this chili and some corn bread for supper.
How to make chili (the easy way)
This chili recipe couldn't be much easier - you brown the ground beef, throw everything in a pot, and then just let it simmer.
What kind of barbecue sauce should I use
So much of the flavor of this chili depends on the barbecue sauce that you use. I usually use one with brown sugar because we like it to be a little sweet and spicy.
Just choose a barbecue sauce you like, and it'll be great!
Can I freeze this chili
You can. I suggest waiting to add the beans until you reheat the chili to avoid any mushiness.
More chili recipes!
If you’ve tried this barbecue chili recipe, don’t forget to rate the recipe and leave me a comment below. I love to hear from people who've made my recipes! You can SUBSCRIBE to receive my latest recipe newsletters or FOLLOW ME on FACEBOOK, INSTAGRAM and PINTEREST for even more delicious food.
Barbecue Chili Recipe
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 yellow or white onion (finely chopped)
- 2-15 ounce cans kidney beans (rinsed and drained)
- 15 ounce can black beans (rinsed and drained)
- 3-14 ounce cans diced tomatoes
- 16-18 ounce bottle of barbecue sauce
- 1 teaspoon chili powder (feel free to add more if you like things on the spicier side)
- 1 tablespoon molasses
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- In a large pot or Dutch oven, brown the ground meat. Drain.
- Return the cooked meat to the pot.
- Add the rest of the ingredients. Stir to combine.
- Cover, and simmer over medium-low heat, stirring as needed, for about 1-2 hours.