Barbecue Chili recipe is one of my favorite cold-weather dinners. I’m not much of a cold-weather person though. When it dropped to 70 degrees here the other day, I figured that it was close enough to winter. So, I made this chili and some corn bread for supper.This chili recipe couldn’t be much easier – you brown the ground beef, throw everything in a pot, and then just let it simmer. It makes quite a bit, but it keeps well.
So much of the flavor of this chili depends on the barbecue sauce that you use. I usually use one with brown sugar because we like it to be a little sweet and spicy.
Just choose a barbecue sauce you like, and it’ll be great!
Barbecue Chili Recipe
- 1 lb . lean ground beef
- 1 onion finely chopped
- 2-15 oz. cans kidney beans rinsed and drained
- 15 oz. can black beans rinsed and drained
- 3-14 oz. cans diced tomatoes
- 16-18 oz. bottle of barbecue sauce
- 1 tsp . chili powder feel free to add more if you like things on the spicier side
- 1 T . molasses
- 1 T . Worcestershire sauce
- 1 T . cumin
- 1 T . brown sugar
- In a large pot or Dutch oven, brown the ground meat. Drain.
- Return the cooked meat to the pot.
- Add the rest of the ingredients. Stir to combine.
Cover, and simmer over medium-low heat, stirring as needed, for about 1-2 hours.