I love anything cinnamon-flavored. As a kid, I rarely went for chocolate candies (except for Snickers).
I usually picked Red Hots, Hot Tamales, or Atomic Fireballs. I just loved the combination of sweet and a little spicy.This Slow Cooker Candy Apple Applesauce isn’t spicy, but it does have a nice cinnamon flavor and pretty red color.
It’s also incredibly easy to make. Just toss the ingredients in your slow cooker, give it a quick stir, and let it cook.
This applesauce is also a festive, healthier way to enjoy candy apples.
And it’s hard to beat homemade applesauce when it comes to comfort food. So, if you love cinnamon and apples, definitely give this applesauce a try.
More slow cooker recipes!
Slow Cooker Candy Apple Applesauce
- 7 medium sauce apples peeled , cored and sliced (I used a combination of Gala, Granny Smith, and Golden Delicious apples)
- 1/2-1 c . cinnamon imperial candies (I like 3/4 cup).
- 1/3 c . apple cider
- Place apples, candies, and cider in a slow cooker (5 qt. or smaller).
- Give it a quick toss.
- Cover, and cook on low for 7-8 hour or on high for 3-4 hours, or until it reaches the desired consistency.
- Applesauce can be pureed if you would like it to be smooth, and it's good served warm or chilled.
Love this recipe?
Share your thoughts below and let’s chat! Make sure to connect with me on your favorite social platform below and show me what you made!