Best cornbread recipe! This sweet cornbread recipe is part cake mix, part cornbread mix for moist and delicious cornbread.
I first had this recipe years ago when I was at Girl Scout camp, and I loved it! I’m a huge fan of both yellow cake and cornbread, so combining the two is perfect for me.
This cornbread is a family favorite. My kids love both its sweetness and how soft and moist it is.
It’s also incredibly easy to make, and it takes just 5 minutes of prep to get it into the oven. The cornbread pairs well with any number of savory dishes like chili or a pot of beans.
How to make cornbread with cake mix
Step 1: Preheat oven to 350 F.
Step 2: Grease 9×13 baking pan with nonstick cooking spray. Set aside.
Step 3: Whisk cake mix and corn bread mix together in a large bowl.
Step 4: Add remaining ingredients and whisk well to combine.
Step 5: Pour into prepared pan.
Step 6: Bake for about 20-30 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
Step 7: Let cool in pan.
That depends! I use either homemade yellow cake mix or a yellow cake with pudding in the mix. The cornbread is a little moister and more cake-like that way.
However, if you’d like it to be a little less sweet, try using a yellow cake mix that doesn’t have pudding in the mix.
Any type of milk from skim milk to whole milk will work in this recipe. If you go more toward the whole milk, you’ll end up with a richer, moister cornbread.
You can even use buttermilk in this recipe if you’d prefer.
Store any leftover cornbread in an airtight container at room temperature. The cornbread is best eaten within the first two days.
Recipes that go well with sweet cornbread
If you’ve tried this sweet cornbread recipe, don’t forget to rate the recipe and leave me a comment below. I love to hear from people who’ve made my recipes!
Sweet Cornbread with Cake Mix
- 9×13 pan
- 15 ounce box yellow cake mix
- 7 ounce package cornbread mix
- 1/2 cup milk
- 4 large eggs
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup lukewarm water
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Grease 9×13 baking pan with nonstick cooking spray. Set aside.
- Whisk cake mix and corn bread mix together in a large bowl.
- Add remaining ingredients and whisk well to combine.
- Pour into prepared pan.
- Bake for about 20-30 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Let cool in pan.
- Yellow cake mix with or without pudding will work. You can also make your own homemade cake mix with this recipe.
- Any type of milk from skim to whole milk will work.
- Please see explanations above the recipe for more in-depth answers about substitutions and types of products to use.
- Nutrition values are estimates.
Love this recipe?
Share your thoughts below and let’s chat! Make sure to connect with me on your favorite social platform below and show me what you made!