Slow Cooker Chicken Frito Chili is an easy chicken crock pot chicken chili recipe that’s made with healthy ingredients and requires almost no prep work.
One of the greatest things about slow cooker meals is how easy they can be.
This slow cooker chicken Frito chili doesn’t require much prep work. It only takes about 10 minutes to get everything into the crock pot.
Then, just let it cook! The chili is tasty and filling, and it makes a great dinner recipe. This chili also reheats well.
Can I use another type of bean?
You can! Pinto beans and kidney beans both work well in this chili.
What can I substitute for the Ro-tel?
You can use canned diced tomatoes with green chiles. If you want the chili to be milder, substitute plain diced tomatoes.
How long does crockpot chicken Frito chili stay good for?
It keeps well for about 4 days when stored covered in the fridge.
More crockpot chicken recipes!
If you’ve tried this crockpot chicken Frito chili recipe, don’t forget to rate the recipe and leave me a comment below. I love to hear from people who’ve made my recipes! You can SUBSCRIBE to receive my latest recipe newsletters or FOLLOW ME on FACEBOOK, INSTAGRAM and PINTEREST for even more delicious food.
Slow Cooker Chicken Frito Chili
- 2-10 ounce cans Ro-tel (drained)
- 15 ounce can diced tomatoes
- 15 ounce can black beans (drained and rinsed)
- 1 cup chopped white or yellow onion
- 2 cloves garlic (minced)
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ancho chile powder
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breast
- Salt and pepper
- 1/2 cup frozen corn (thawed)
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro (minced)
- Frito corn chips
- Shredded cheese
- Stir Ro-tel, tomatoes, beans, onion, garlic, cumin, chile powder, and oregano together in a slow cooker. I use a 5 quart.
- Season chicken with salt and pepper, and add to slow cooker.
- Cover, and cook on LOW for 6-7 hours.
- Remove chicken, and shred into large pieces.
- Return shredded chicken and corn to slow cooker, and stir in.
- Cook until heated through, about 30 minutes.
- Serve topped with cilantro, Fritos, and shredded cheese.