Caprese Chicken Recipe is an easy dinner recipe that turns boneless, skinless chicken breasts into a delicious 30 minute meal!
I love having easy, go-to dinner recipes that I can turn to on busy nights.
This Caprese Chicken recipe is one of my favorites. It only takes 30 minutes to make and is a delicious, flavor-packed dinner.
Each piece of chicken is topped with a slice of fresh mozzarella cheese, sautéed grape tomatoes, and a drizzle of balsamic glaze.
The simplicity of this recipe makes it a great dinner to make in summer when tomatoes and basil are fresh. I serve it with a simple green salad and a loaf of whole-grain bread.
This chicken re-heats well, and I always look forward to the leftovers for lunch the next day. Give it a try, and you’ll want to add it to your regular dinner rotation, too!
More skillet chicken dinner recipes!
If you’ve tried this caprese chicken recipe, don’t forget to rate the recipe and leave me a comment below. I love to hear from people who’ve made my recipes! You can SUBSCRIBE to receive my latest recipe newsletters or FOLLOW ME on FACEBOOK, INSTAGRAM and PINTEREST for even more delicious food.
Caprese Chicken Recipe
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves about 1 pound total
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- Salt and pepper
- 1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 1/2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 1 cup grape tomatoes halved
- 3 tablespoons torn fresh basil divided
- 4 slices fresh mozzarella
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add olive oil.
- Season chicken with Italian seasoning, salt, and pepper.
- Add chicken to pan, and cook until golden and cooked through, about 6-8 minutes per side.
- Transfer cooked chicken to a plate.
- Reduce heat to medium-low.
- Add balsamic vinegar and brown sugar to skillet, and stir to combine.
- Stir in garlic, and cook for 1 minute.
- Add tomatoes. and season with salt.
- Let tomatoes simmer until soft, 6-7 minutes.
- Stir in half basil.
- Return chicken to skillet.
- Top with mozzarella, and cover to melt cheese.
- Spoon tomatoes over chicken and sprinkle with remaining basil before serving.