Caprese Chicken Recipe is an easy dinner recipe that turns boneless, skinless chicken breasts into a delicious 30 minute meal!
I love having easy, go-to dinner recipes that I can turn to on busy nights.
This Caprese Chicken recipe is one of my favorites. It only takes 30 minutes to make and is a delicious, flavor-packed dinner.
Each piece of chicken is topped with a slice of fresh mozzarella cheese, sautéed grape tomatoes, and a drizzle of balsamic glaze. Since this recipe only has a few, simple ingredients, it’s a great dish to make in summer when tomatoes and basil are fresh.
Give this chicken caprese recipe a try, and you’ll want to add it to your regular dinner rotation, too!
How to make chicken caprese
Step 1: Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the extra virgin olive oil.
Step 2: Season chicken with Italian seasoning, salt, and black pepper.
Step 3: Add chicken to pan, and cook until golden and cooked through, about 6-8 minutes per side. Transfer cooked chicken to a plate.
Step 4: Reduce heat to medium low heat. Add balsamic vinegar and brown sugar to the now-empty skillet, and stir to combine.
Step 5: Stir in garlic, and cook for 1 minute.
Step 6: Add tomatoes. and season with salt. Let tomatoes simmer until soft, 6-7 minutes.
Step 7: Stir in half basil.
Step 8: Return chicken to skillet.
Step 9: Top with mozzarella, and cover to melt cheese.
Tip >> Thinly slice the mozzarella cheese so that it can melt quickly. A thick slice of mozzarella will take longer to melt.
Step 10: Spoon tomatoes over chicken and sprinkle with remaining fresh basil leaves before serving.
You can! Cherry tomatoes work well in place of grape tomatoes.
Yes, you can. You can slice a regular chicken breast in half horizontally to create chicken breast halves.
I serve caprese chicken with a simple green salad and a loaf of whole-grain bread or crusty white bread. You can also serve the chicken with a side of pasta.
The leftover chicken reheats well. Store any leftover chicken in an airtight container in the refrigerator. The chicken will keep for up to 4 days when properly stored in the fridge.
More skillet chicken dinner recipes!
If you’ve tried this caprese chicken recipe, don’t forget to rate the recipe and leave me a comment below. I love to hear from people who’ve made my recipes!
Caprese Chicken Recipe
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves about 1 pound total
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- Salt and pepper
- 1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 ½ tablespoons brown sugar
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 1 cup grape tomatoes halved
- 3 tablespoons torn fresh basil divided
- 4 slices fresh mozzarella
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add olive oil.
- Season chicken with Italian seasoning, salt, and pepper.
- Add chicken to pan, and cook until golden and cooked through, about 6-8 minutes per side.
- Transfer cooked chicken to a plate.
- Reduce heat to medium-low.
- Add balsamic vinegar and brown sugar to skillet, and stir to combine.
- Stir in garlic, and cook for 1 minute.
- Add tomatoes. and season with salt.
- Let tomatoes simmer until soft, 6-7 minutes.
- Stir in half basil.
- Return chicken to skillet.
- Top with mozzarella, and cover to melt cheese.
- Spoon tomatoes over chicken and sprinkle with remaining basil before serving.
- Nutrition values are estimates.
Love this recipe?
Share your thoughts below and let’s chat! Make sure to connect with me on your favorite social platform below and show me what you made!