I love having easy, go-to dinner recipes that I can turn to on busy nights.
This Caprese Chicken recipe is one of my favorites. It only takes 30 minutes to make and is a delicious, flavor-packed dinner.
I used +Non GE/+Non GMO Forester Farmer’s Market™, which is a is a butcher-shop quality chicken that has been fed 100% locally sourced and non genetically engineered/non genetically modified (+Non GE/+Non GMO) grains. The chicken is available at select Sam’s Club locations.
This caprese chicken recipe is great to make in summer when tomatoes and basil are fresh, and I serve it with a simple green salad and a whole-grain bread.
This chicken re-heats well, and I always look forward to the leftovers for lunch the next day. Give it a try, and you’ll want to add it to your regular dinner rotation, too!
You may also like…
Caprese Chicken Recipe
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves about 1 pound total
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- Salt and pepper
- 1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 1/2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 1 cup grape tomatoes halved
- 3 tablespoons torn fresh basil divided
- 4 slices fresh mozzarella
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add olive oil.
- Season chicken with Italian seasoning, salt, and pepper.
- Add chicken to pan, and cook until golden and cooked through, about 6-8 minutes per side.
- Transfer cooked chicken to a plate.
- Reduce heat to medium-low.
- Add balsamic vinegar and brown sugar to skillet, and stir to combine.
- Stir in garlic, and cook for 1 minute.
- Add tomatoes. and season with salt.
- Let tomatoes simmer until soft, 6-7 minutes.
- Stir in half basil.
- Return chicken to skillet.
- Top with mozzarella, and cover to melt cheese.
- Spoon tomatoes over chicken and sprinkle with remaining basil before serving.
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Forester Farmer’s Market . The opinions and text are all mine.