We’re starting off the year with two of my favorite things: a slow cooker recipe and sweet and spicy food.
These slow cooker honey chipotle chicken sliders make an easy lunch or dinner or game day snack. The chicken would also be great in tacos, burritos, or quesadillas.
Slow Cooker Honey Chipotle Chicken Sliders
Honey chipotle chicken sliders made in the slow cooker
- 1 white or yellow onion sliced
- 3 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breast
- 1/2 teaspoon each kosher salt and ground black pepper
Honey Chipotle Sauce
- 3/4 cups ketchup
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar don't pack
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoons liquid smoke
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2-4 chipotle chiles in adobo depending on desired heat
Add sliced onion to the bottom of slow cooker. I use a 5 quart oval slow cooker.
Place chicken over sliced onions.
Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper. I use about 1/2 teaspoon each salt and pepper.
Add all of the sauce ingredients to a blender, and blend until well-combined.
Cover, and chill half of sauce.
Pour remaining half sauce over chicken.
Cover, and cook on LOW for 6-7 hours or on HIGH for 3-4 hours.
Shred meat, and return to slow cooker.
Add remaining half sauce.
Turn slow cooker to WARM, and let sit in sauce until warmed through.
*Nutrition values are estimates.