Creamy Mustard Chicken Recipe is a delicious skillet chicken dinner recipe that turns chicken breast into an easy 30 minute meal!
Not too long ago, I shared one of my favorite beef recipes. Today, I’m going to share one of my favorite chicken recipes.
When I need an easy dinner that won’t take much time, this creamy mustard chicken recipe is one that I make pretty regularly because it checks all the boxes.
This recipe is so simple to make! You just brown the chicken and make a simple sauce to go on top. That’s it!
It’s also super tasty. My kids would tell you that they don’t like mustard, but they do like this chicken. You can taste the mustard in the sauce, but the cream really mellows some of the bite.
This chicken is also made from ingredients that I normally have on hand, which makes it great for busy weeknights when I don’t want to make a trip to the grocery store before making dinner.
To round out the meal, I usually serve this chicken with a simple green salad and some multigrain bread. It’s a yummy dinner that’s good any time of year!
More easy chicken recipes!
If you’ve tried this creamy mustard chicken recipe, don’t forget to rate the recipe and leave me a comment below. I love to hear from people who’ve made my recipes! You can SUBSCRIBE to receive my latest recipe newsletters or FOLLOW ME on FACEBOOK, INSTAGRAM and PINTEREST for even more delicious food.
Creamy Mustard Chicken Recipe
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves ( (about 1-1/4 to 1-1/2 pounds total))
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup whipping cream
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- 3 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- Fresh thyme
- Place each chicken breast half between two pieces of plastic wrap.
- Using the flat side of a meat mallet, lightly pound chicken to 1/4- to 1/8-inch thickness. Discard plastic wrap.
- Mix flour and pepper together in a shallow dish.
- Coat both sides of chicken pieces with flour mixture.
- Melt butter in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Add chicken to skillet, and cook chicken to 165 F, about 6 minutes, turning once.
- Transfer chicken to a plate, reserving drippings in skillet. Cover chicken to keep warm.
- For sauce, stir whipping cream, white wine, and mustard together in now-empty skillet.
- Cook, stirring constantly, for 1-2 minutes, or until smooth and slightly thickened.
- Spoon sauce over chicken, and sprinkle with fresh thyme leaves.
Slightly adapted from BHG.com.