This easy honey garlic chicken recipe is a delicious weeknight dinner recipe that’s packed with flavor and is ready in just 20 minutes!
This easy honey garlic chicken recipe is a delicious dinner recipe! The tender chicken is coated in a flavorful sweet and savory honey sauce.
This easy weeknight dinner is ready in just 20 minutes! So, it’s a super quick, super tasty dish.
- Chicken stock: Chicken broth will also work.
- Lemon juice: If you don’t have lemon juice, apple cider vinegar or rice vinegar will work.
- Red pepper flakes: Feel free to use more or less to taste.
- Garlic powder
- Boneless skinless chicken breast
- Olive oil
- Garlic cloves: You can use more or less to taste.
How to make honey garlic chicken
Step 1: In a small mixing bowl, whisk together the honey, chicken stock, lemon juice, and red pepper flakes. Set aside.
Step 2: Stir together the cornstarch, salt, and garlic powder in a medium mixing bowl.
Step 3: Toss the bite size pieces of chicken in the cornstarch mixture. Set aside.
Step 4: Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
Step 5: Sear the chicken until it has browned, about 4-6 minutes.
Tip >> Be sure to use a large skillet and avoid overcrowding the pan. If you overcrowd the pan, the chicken will steam, not brown.
Step 6: Add the garlic to the pan and sauté for an additional minute, stirring the entire time.
Step 7: Pour the honey garlic sauce into the pan and cook until the sauce has thickened, stirring regularly, about 5 minutes.
Step 8: Remove the chicken from the heat and serve.
Yes, boneless skinless chicken thighs will also work.
You can! You can add more red pepper flakes, add Sriracha, or both!
Honey garlic chicken is great paired with rice or noodles. It also goes well with steamed or sauteed broccoli, green beans, or snow peas.
You can serve the chicken garnished with a little chopped parsley or sliced green onions.
Store any leftover chicken in an airtight container in the refrigerator. The chicken will keep for up to 4 days when properly stored in the fridge.
More easy chicken dinner recipes!
If you’ve tried this easy honey garlic chicken recipe, don’t forget to rate the recipe and leave me a comment below. I love to hear from people who’ve made my recipes!
You can subscribe to receive my latest recipe newsletters or follow me on Facebook, Instagram and Pinterest for even more delicious food.
Easy Honey Garlic Chicken Recipe
- Large skillet
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/4 cup chicken stock
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 ½ pounds boneless skinless chicken breast in 1-inch cubes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 5 garlic cloves minced
- In a small mixing bowl, whisk together the honey, chicken stock, lemon juice, and red pepper flakes. Set aside.
- Whisk together the cornstarch, salt, and garlic powder in a medium mixing bowl. Toss the chicken in the cornstarch mixture. Set aside.
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Sear the chicken until it has browned, about 4-6 minutes.
- Add the garlic to the pan and sauté for an additional minute, stirring the entire time.
- Pour the honey sauce into the pan and cook until the sauce has thickened, about 5 minutes.
- Remove the chicken from the heat and serve.
Did You Make This Recipe?
Share it with me on Instagram @i_heart_eating and follow on Youtube @katedean and Pinterest @katedean for more!
Love this recipe?
Share your thoughts below and let’s chat! Make sure to connect with me on your favorite social platform below and show me what you made!
Comments & Reviews
Dabber Sloothos says
John Y. says
Can you use jar minced garlic?
Sure! Jarred garlic usually is not as potent as fresh garlic, so you may find that you need to adjust the amount accordingly.