Chewy Brown Sugar Chocolate Chip Cookie recipe makes cookies that are the perfect blend of soft and chewy!
When it comes to easy desserts, it’s hard to beat a chocolate chip cookie. They’re easy to make, and a warm chocolate chip cookie is one of life’s simple pleasures.
These Chewy Brown Sugar Chocolate Chip Cookies are certainly simple to make.
They’re great spur-of-the-moment cookies because there is no need to soften the butter ahead of time. The dough comes together in a matter of minutes, and no chilling is required.
If you like a thicker cookie, you can refrigerate it for 30 minutes or so before baking, but no need to chill it if you don’t want to.
And the use of all brown sugar gives these cookies a deeper, richer flavor. So, the next time a cookie craving strikes, bake up a batch of these cookies!
More easy cookie recipes!
- Easiest Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe
- Chocolate Chocolate Chip Pudding Cookies
- Chocolate Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Thick Homemade Chocolate Chip Cookies
If you’ve tried this chewy brown sugar chocolate chip cookie recipe, don’t forget to rate the recipe and leave me a comment below. I love to hear from people who’ve made my recipes!
Chewy Brown Sugar Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe
- 1 cup (226 g) butter
- 1 1/2 cups (320 g) brown sugar packed
- 1 large egg + 1 egg yolk
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 3 cups (360 g) all-purpose flour¹
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt or scant 1/2 tsp. table salt
- 10 ounce package chocolate chips²
- Preheat oven to 375 F. Line baking sheets with parchment paper or silicone baking mat.
- Melt butter in a heavy saucepan.
- Add brown sugar to a large bowl.
- Pour melted butter over sugar.
- Stir to combine butter and sugar. Let stand 5 minutes.
- Add egg and egg yolk; stir to combine.
- Stir in vanilla extract.
- Add flour, baking soda, and salt. Stir until just combined. Please see the comments about flour in the recipe notes.
- Stir in chocolate chips.
- Using a medium cookie scoop (1.5 tablespoon), drop scoops of dough 2 inches apart on prepared cookie sheet.
- Bake for about 7-10 minutes, or until the edges of the cookies are golden brown.
- Let cool on cookie sheet for 5 minutes. Remove to wire rack to finish cooling.
- Correctly measuring the ingredients is key! I suggest either weighing the ingredients or aerating the flour (sifting or fluffing) and then scooping and leveling. Packing in too much flour will cause the cookies not to spread.
- Can substitute 4 ounces finely chopped semisweet baking chocolate for chocolate chips.
- I suggest stirring this recipe together by hand rather than using a hand or stand mixer.
- Nutrition values are estimates.
- Love chocolate? Try the chocolate chocolate chip version of this cookie!