Easy M&M cookie recipe makes soft cookies in less than 20 minutes! No mixer, no chilling needed for this simple M&M cookie recipe.
My kids love M&M cookies. I’m not sure whether it’s the colors or the candy shell, but they just love them.
These easy M&M cookies are just that – super easy. You don’t need a mixer, and there’s no chilling time.
So, you can whip up a batch of these cookies from scratch in less than 20 minutes.
Just be sure to read the tips about the flour and the butter below to ensure perfect cookies.
How to make M&M cookies
First, melt the butter. You want the butter to be just melted. Mine is mostly melted, and then I whisk it to get it completely melted.
You won’t want the butter to be hot. Hot butter will cook the egg or give you greasy cookies that bake out.
Next, whisk in the sugar until combined. Then, whisk in the egg and vanilla.
Next, whisk in the dry ingredients.
Be sure to measure the flour correctly! Packing the flour will give you doughy or dry cookies. You want to sift or aerate the flour. Then, spoon it into the measuring cup and level.
Finally, stir in the M&M candies.
Can I add chocolate chips to the cookies?
You can! You can substitute chocolate chips for part of the M&M’s.
I like to use mini chocolate chips with these cookies.
How to store the cookies
I store the cookies in a resealable baggie.
More easy cookie recipes!
- Easiest Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe
- Easy Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Cookies
- Chewy Brown Sugar Chocolate Chip Cookies
If you’ve tried this easy M&M cookie recipe, don’t forget to rate the recipe and leave me a comment below. I love to hear from people who’ve made my recipes! You can SUBSCRIBE to receive my latest recipe newsletters or FOLLOW ME on FACEBOOK, INSTAGRAM and PINTEREST for even more delicious food.
Easy M&M Cookie Recipe
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup brown sugar (packed)
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour*
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt**
- 1 1/2 cups M&Ms
- Preheat the oven to 350 F.
- Microwave the butter for about 40 seconds. Butter should be completely melted but shouldn't be hot.
- In a large bowl, mix butter with the sugars until well-combined.
- Stir in vanilla and egg until incorporated.
- Add the flour, baking soda, and salt. Mix until just combined. Dough should be soft and a little sticky but not overly sticky.
- Stir in M&Ms.
- Scoop out 1.5 tablespoons of dough (medium cookie scoop) and place on baking sheet.
- Bake for 7-10 minutes, or until cookies are set. They will be puffy and still look a little underbaked in the middle.***