Easy M&M cookie recipe makes soft cookies in less than 20 minutes! No mixer, no chilling needed for this simple M&M cookie recipe.
My kids love M&M cookies. I’m not sure whether it’s the colors or the candy shell, but they just love them.
These easy M&M cookies are just that – super easy. You don’t need a mixer, and there’s no chilling time. So, you can whip up a batch of these cookies from scratch in less than 20 minutes.
Just take a minute to read the tips about the flour and the butter below to ensure perfect cookies.
How to make M&M cookies
Step 1: Melt the butter. You want the butter to be just melted. Mine is mostly melted, and then I whisk it to get it completely melted.
Tip >> You won’t want the butter to be hot. Hot butter will cook the egg or give you greasy cookies that bake out.
Step 2: Whisk in the sugar until combined.
Step 3: Whisk in the egg and vanilla.
Step 4: Whisk in the dry ingredients.
Tip >> Be sure to measure the flour correctly! Packing the flour will give you doughy or dry cookies. You want to sift or aerate the flour. Then, spoon it into the measuring cup and level.
Step 5: Stir in the M&M candies.
Step 6: Drop scoops of cookie dough 2 inches apart on the prepared baking sheet.
Step 7: Bake.
- Butter: You won’t want the butter to be hot. Hot butter will cook the egg or give you greasy cookies that bake out. I microwave the butter until it is about 90% melted, and then I whisk it until it is completely melted.
- Flour: Be sure to measure the flour correctly! Packing the flour will give you doughy or dry cookies. The most accurate way to measure flour is to weigh it. If you’re not weighing the flour, you will want to sift or aerate the flour. Then, spoon it into the measuring cup and level. Be sure to avoid packing the flour.
You can! You can substitute chocolate chips for part of the M&Ms.
I like to use plain chocolate M&Ms.
The cookies should be stored in an airtight container at room temperature. The cookies will keep for up to 4 days when properly stored.
More easy cookie recipes!
If you’ve tried this easy M&M cookie recipe, don’t forget to rate the recipe and leave me a comment below. I love to hear from people who’ve made my recipes!
Easy M&M Cookie Recipe
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup brown sugar packed
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
- 1 ¾ cups all-purpose flour properly measured
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 ½ cups M&Ms
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips optional
- Preheat the oven to 350 F.
- Microwave the butter for about 40 seconds. Butter should be completely melted but shouldn’t be hot.
- In a large bowl, mix butter with the sugars until well-combined.
- Stir in vanilla and egg until incorporated.
- Add the flour, baking soda, and salt. Mix until just combined. Dough should be soft and a little sticky but not overly sticky.
- Stir in M&Ms and chocolate chips, if using.
- Scoop out 1.5 tablespoons of dough (medium cookie scoop) and place 2 inches apart on the baking sheet.
- Bake for 7-10 minutes, or until cookies are set. They will be puffy and still look a little underbaked in the middle.
- Be sure to fluff and then scoop and sweep to measure the flour. Too much flour will result in a dry or doughy cookie.
- Or 1/4 teaspoon table salt
- Don’t over-bake the cookies, or you won’t end up with soft cookies. Slightly underbaking the cookies will give you soft cookies that stay soft.
- Nutrition facts are estimates.
Love this recipe?
Share your thoughts below and let’s chat! Make sure to connect with me on your favorite social platform below and show me what you made!