Best Chex mix recipe! This toffee Chex mix is a sweet and salty mix coated in rich brown sugar toffee for the ultimate snack or dessert!
We love our snacks around here! This time of year it’s nice to watch a movie and enjoy some popcorn or Chex mix.
This Toffee Chex Mix is one that my entire family loves. The combination of the rich brown sugar toffee and sweet and salty cereal mix is crazy good!
It’s also really simple to make. For this sweet Chex mix, you really only have to make the toffee coating.
So, it’s easy to whip this up whenever the mood strikes!
How to make toffee Chex mix
First, mix the cereal, crackers, pretzels, and nuts together. If you prefer not to use nuts, just sub in an equal amount of cereal, crackers, or pretzels instead.
Then, make the toffee. First, melt the butter.
Next, stir in brown sugar, corn syrup, and salt. Bring to a boil, cook 2 minutes, and then remove from heat.
Stir in baking soda and vanilla. Carefully pour the hot toffee over the cereal, and toss to combine.
Then, spread in an even layer on the baking sheet. You’ll bake, stir, bake, stir, bake, and then stir.
How to store
I store leftover Chex mix in a resealable bag.
How long will this keep?
It will stay fresh for about 2-3 days in a sealed container.
More Chex mix recipes!
If you’ve tried this toffee Chex mix recipe, don’t forget to rate the recipe and leave me a comment below. I love to hear from people who’ve made my recipes!
Toffee Chex Mix
- 4 cups Rice or Corn Chex
- 2 cup Saltine minis
- 1 cup assorted unsalted or lightly salted nuts*
- 1 cup pretzel sticks or mini knots
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 1 cup dark brown sugar
- 6 tablespoons light corn syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- Position rack in the center of your oven. Preheat to 225 F. Line a large rimmed baking sheet with a silicone baking mat.**
- In a large mixing bowl, combine cereal, nuts, Saltines, and pretzels. Set aside.
- Place a large saucepan over medium heat, and melt the butter.***
- Once the butter has melted, stir in the brown sugar, corn syrup, and salt.
- Bring the mixture to a boil, stirring frequently.
- Allow the mixture to boil for 2 minutes, and then remove from the heat.
- Whisk in vanilla extract, and then add the baking soda, mixing well. The toffee will foam. Continue whisking until well-combined.
- Pour the hot toffee over the cereal mixture, and carefully fold to coat the cereal mixture with the toffee mixture. The cereal mixture doesn’t have to be perfectly coated.
- Spread the cereal mixture in an even layer on the prepared baking sheet.
- Bake 15 minutes.
- Carefully stir the cereal to coat with melted toffee.
- Continue baking for 15 minutes, stir, and then bake for another 10-15 minutes.
- Remove from oven, and then toss one more time.
- Spread into an even layer, and let cool.
- Break into pieces to serve.
Love this recipe?
Share your thoughts below and let’s chat! Make sure to connect with me on your favorite social platform below and show me what you made!