When it's hot out, there's nothing like a cold dessert!
These Frozen Cheesecake Brownies make the perfect summer dessert. They have two layers of frozen brownie and a layer of frozen cheesecake sandwiched in the middle.
These brownies are also a great make-ahead dessert because you can make them and then freeze them until you're ready to serve them.
Just make sure that you set the brownies out 10-15 minutes before you plan to serve them so that they're easier to cut.
More brownie recipes!
- French Silk Brownies
- Frosted Fudge Brownies
- Brownie Cookie Recipe
- How to Make Perfect Chewy Fudge Brownies
If you’ve tried this frozen cheesecake brownie recipe, don’t forget to rate the recipe and leave me a comment below. I love to hear from people who've made my recipes! You can SUBSCRIBE to receive my latest recipe newsletters or FOLLOW ME on FACEBOOK, INSTAGRAM and PINTEREST for even more delicious food.
Frozen Cheesecake Brownies
- ½ cup butter
- 12 ounces bittersweet chocolate chips
- 16 ounces cream cheese (at room temperature)
- 1 ½ cups granulated sugar (divided)
- 4 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup +2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- Pinch of salt
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Grease a 9x9-inch baking pan, and line with parchment paper. Set aside.
- Melt butter and chocolate chips in a heavy saucepan over low heat, stirring frequently, until melted. Remove from heat, and set aside.
- In a separate bowl, beat cream cheese and ⅓ cup sugar together until smooth.
- Beat in egg and 2 tablespoons flour. Set aside.
- In a separate large bowl, beat remaining sugar and eggs together until smooth and well-combined.
- Add vanilla and chocolate mixture, and mix until well-combined.
- Stir in remaining flour and salt until combined.
- Spread ¾ of brownie mixture into prepared pan.
- Pour the cream cheese mixture over brownie layer, and spread evenly.
- Top with remaining brownie batter, and gently spread to cover cream cheese mixture.
- Bake for 40-50 minutes, or until a wooden toothpick comes out with just fudgy crumbs.
- Cool on a wire rack for 1 ½ hours.
- Freeze for at least 45 minutes, and cut just before serving.
Adapted from Fat Witch Brownies.