Juicy chicken coated in a sweet and savory honey garlic sauce is the perfect weeknight chicken dinner! This easy skillet meal makes a quick one-pot dinner recipe.
I love simple one-skillet chicken recipes! This honey garlic chicken is about as simple as easy as they come.
The easy honey garlic sauce is made with just four ingredients and is sweet, savory, and full of flavor.
Tips for making honey garlic chicken
- You’ll want to keep the heat on the lower side while making the sauce. Since the sauce has a good amount of honey in it, high heat could cause the sugar to burn and create a bitter sauce.
- The sauce will cook down and become syrupy as it cooks. No cornstarch or other thickener is needed.
- I garnished the chicken with a little bit of chopped parsley to brighten it up for the pictures.
What to serve with honey garlic chicken
I like to serve this chicken with simple,sautéed vegetables. Either green beans or broccoli sautéed in a little bit of sesame oil make a delicious side for this easy chicken recipe.
More skillet chicken recipes!
If you’ve tried this honey garlic chicken recipe, don’t forget to rate the recipe and leave me a comment below. I love to hear from people who’ve made my recipes! You can SUBSCRIBE to receive my latest recipe newsletters or FOLLOW ME on FACEBOOK, INSTAGRAM and PINTEREST for even more delicious food.
Honey Garlic Chicken
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/4 cup lite soy sauce
- 4 cloves garlic (minced)
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger (minced)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (about 6 ounces each)
- Whisk honey, soy sauce, garlic, and ginger together until well-combined. Set aside.
- Heat a large skillet (10 or 12 inches) over medium heat.
- Add olive oil, and swirl to coat pan.
- Cook chicken until golden brown.
- Flip chicken, and reduce heat to medium-low.
- Continue cooking until chicken reaches 165 F.
- Remove chicken to plate and keep warm.
- Add sauce mixture to now-empty skillet, and bring to a simmer over medium-low heat.
- Let sauce simmer, stirring regularly, until it thickens and becomes syrupy, about 3-5 minutes.
- Toss chicken in sauce, and serve.