Skillet honey garlic chicken is juicy chicken coated in a sweet and savory honey garlic sauce. This easy skillet meal makes a quick one-pot dinner recipe – perfect for weeknights.
I love simple one-skillet chicken recipes! This honey garlic chicken is about as simple as easy as they come.
The easy honey garlic sauce is made with just four ingredients and is sweet, savory, and full of flavor.
How to make skillet honey garlic chicken
Step 1: Whisk honey, soy sauce, garlic, and ginger together until well-combined. Set aside.
Step 2: Heat a large skillet (10 or 12 inches) over medium heat.
Step 3: Add olive oil, and swirl to coat pan.
Step 4: Cook chicken until golden brown. Flip chicken, and reduce heat to medium-low. Continue cooking until chicken reaches 165 F.
Step 5: Remove chicken to plate and keep warm.
Step 6: Add sauce mixture to now-empty skillet, and bring to a simmer over medium-low heat. Let sauce simmer, stirring regularly, until it thickens and becomes syrupy, about 3-5 minutes.
Step 7: Toss chicken in sauce, and serve.
- You’ll want to keep the heat on the lower side while making the sauce. Since the sauce has a good amount of honey in it, high heat could cause the sugar to burn and create a bitter sauce.
- The sauce will cook down and become syrupy as it cooks. No cornstarch or other thickener is needed.
- I garnished the chicken with a little bit of chopped parsley to brighten it up for the pictures.
I like to serve this chicken with simple, sautéed vegetables and rice. Either green beans or broccoli sautéed in a little bit of sesame oil make a delicious side for this easy chicken recipe.
Any leftover chicken should be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator. The chicken will keep for up to four days when properly stored in the fridge.
More skillet chicken recipes!
If you’ve tried this honey garlic chicken recipe, don’t forget to rate the recipe and leave me a comment below. I love to hear from people who’ve made my recipes!
Skillet Honey Garlic Chicken
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/4 cup lite soy sauce
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves about 6 ounces each
- Whisk honey, soy sauce, garlic, and ginger together until well-combined. Set aside.
- Heat a large skillet (10 or 12 inches) over medium heat.
- Add olive oil, and swirl to coat pan.
- Cook chicken until golden brown.
- Flip chicken, and reduce heat to medium-low.
- Continue cooking until chicken reaches 165 F.
- Remove chicken to plate and keep warm.
- Add sauce mixture to now-empty skillet, and bring to a simmer over medium-low heat.
- Let sauce simmer, stirring regularly, until it thickens and becomes syrupy, about 3-5 minutes.
- Toss chicken in sauce, and serve.
Love this recipe?
Share your thoughts below and let’s chat! Make sure to connect with me on your favorite social platform below and show me what you made!