Easy no-chill gingerbread men cookie recipe! This delicious cut out gingerbread men cookie recipe is ready in under 30 minutes.
Around the holidays, there's so much going on, and I often make quick and easy cookies - like these easy no-chill gingerbread men. These simple cookies don't need to be chilled before they're rolled and cut out, so they can be ready in about 30 minutes.
The dough can also be mixed up in just one bowl, and fewer dishes make life that much easier! Plus the cookies are soft and make the perfect base for any cookie decorations.
How To Make No Chill Gingerbread Men
In a small bowl, stir molasses, brown sugar, and spices together. Microwave until the sugar has melted, about 60 seconds.
Stir the molasses mixture and butter together until the butter has melted and has cooled slightly. Add the eggs and stir in.
Stir in the flour and baking soda until combined. Don't overmix.
Place the dough onto a floured surface.
Roll the dough to ¼-inch thick. Cut the dough into desired shapes, re-rolling dough scraps as needed.
Place the cut out cookie dough onto prepared cookie sheets. Let the cookies bake until the cookies are set but still soft and puffed in the center, about 10 minutes.
How To Store
Store the cookies in a resealable container for up to 4 days.
Can I Freeze Gingerbread Men?
You can! Just let the cookies cool to room temperature. Then store in a single layer in a resealable, freezer-safe container. Decorate the cookies after freezing.
More Christmas Cookie Recipe!
If you’ve tried this no chill gingerbread men cookie recipe, don’t forget to rate the recipe and leave me a comment below. I love to hear from people who've made my recipes!
No Chill Gingerbread Men
- ½ cup molasses1
- ½ cup dark brown sugar2 (packed)
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger3
- 1 ½ teaspoons ground cinnamon
- ¾ cup butter (softened)
- 2 large eggs (at room temperature)
- 3 ¾ cups all-purpose flour4 (properly measured)
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- Preheat oven to 350F. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper or silicone baking mats.
- In a large, microwave-safe bowl, stir together the molasses, sugar, cinnamon, and ginger.
- Microwave until the brown sugar has melted, about 60 seconds.
- Add the butter, and mix until the butter has melted.
- Continue mixing until well-combined and the butter has cooled slightly.
- Mix in the eggs until well-combined.
- Add the flour and baking soda, and stir in just until incorporated.
- Transfer the dough to a well-floured surface.
- Roll to ¼-inch thick.
- Cut dough into desired shapes, re-rolling the scraps as needed.
- Bake until the cookies are puffed and soft in the center, about 10 minutes.
- Let the cookies cool for 5 minutes and then transfer to a baking sheet to finish cooling.
- Let the cookies cool to room temperature before decorating.
- Not blackstrap molasses
- Or light brown sugar if you prefer.
- Be sure to properly measure the flour. Stir or sift the flour. Lightly spoon into a measuring cup and then level.
- The cookies are lightly spiced. If you like stronger spices, feel free to increase the spices.
- Nutrition values are estimates.