Best s’mores cookies! This easy cookie recipe makes buttery brown sugar graham cookies stuffed with marshmallow bits and mini chocolate chips.
Originally published 7/13/12. Updated with new photos, tips, and recipe tweaks 3/20/18.
What can I say? I love s’mores, and I love chocolate chip cookies.
By the way, this chocolate chip cookie dough is delicious. Some doughs are ok, but they make great cookies. This one is beyond yummy, and it makes fabulous cookies.
Tips & Tricks for making S’mores Cookies
- Marshmallow bits are pieces of marshmallow that are used in hot cocoa mixes. They work well in these cookies because they don’t melt as they bake.
- I suggest mixing this dough up by hand. It’s easy to mix, and mixing by hand helps to prevent overworking the dough.
This post may contain affiliate links. Read my disclosure policy here.
Tools used to make S’mores Cookies
Marshmallow bits: These tiny, freeze dried marshmallow bits don’t melt when they’re used in baked goods.
Silicone baking mat: Silicone baking mats are so versatile! They are great for lining pans to help keep baked goods from sticking. They’re also great to use under messy sheet pan dinners to make clean-up easier.
More easy cookie recipes!
If you’ve tried this s’mores cookie recipe, don’t forget to rate the recipe and leave me a comment below. I love to hear from people who’ve made my recipes! You can SUBSCRIBE to receive my latest recipe newsletters or FOLLOW ME on FACEBOOK, INSTAGRAM and PINTEREST for even more delicious food.
- 1 cup (226 g) butter
- 1 1/2 cups (320 g) brown sugar (packed)
- 1 large egg
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups (240 g) all-purpose flour
- 1 cup (113 g) whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt (or scant 1/2 tsp. table salt)
- 1 cup semisweet mini chocolate chips
- 3/4 cup marshmallow bits
- Preheat oven to 375 F. Line baking sheets with parchment paper or silicone baking mat.
- Melt butter in a heavy saucepan.
- Add brown sugar to a large bowl.
- Pour melted butter over sugar.
- Stir to combine butter and sugar. Let stand 5 minutes.
- Add egg and egg yolk; stir to combine.
- Stir in vanilla extract.
- Add flour, baking soda, and salt. Stir until just combined.
- Stir in chocolate chips and marshmallow bits until just combined.
- Using a medium cookie scoop (1.5 tablespoon), drop scoops of dough 2 inches apart on prepared cookie sheet.
- Bake for about 7-10 minutes, or until the edges of the cookies are golden brown.
- Let cool on cookie sheet for 5 minutes. Remove to wire rack to finish cooling.
- I suggest stirring this recipe together by hand rather than using a hand or stand mixer.
- Nutrition values are estimates.