Sticky Nut recipe is a sticky sweet maple butter nut topping that takes 5 minutes to make and is great on ice cream, cheesecake, or even on oatmeal!
Yesterday, I shared a recipe for mini pumpkin Greek yogurt cheesecakes, and I topped them with this sticky nut recipe. Pecans or walnuts are both good choices in this sticky, maple butter nut topping.
The topping takes just five minutes to make, and it adds a nice touch of fall flavor to ice cream, cheesecake, or even oatmeal.
Cover the topping, and store in the fridge for up to two weeks. Then, let it come to room temp before topping whatever needs a little extra maple sweetness.
Sticky Nut Recipe
- 1/2 c. real maple syrup
- 1/2 c. agave nectar
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1/4 c. cold butter
- Pinch of salt
- 1 1/2 c. pecan or walnut pieces
- Add all of the ingredients except the nuts to a heavy saucepan.
- Heat over medium heat until boiling.
- Stir to combine.
- Add nuts, and continue cooking for 1 more minute.
- Let cool before using. The syrup will thicken as it cools.