M&M Caramel Apples recipe gives you all of the traditional caramel apple flavor with a fun twist! Plus, tips for getting the caramel to stick to the apple!
There are lots of things that are great about fall: pumpkins, football, cooler temps, and caramel apples. Caramel apples are a classic fall treats for a reason.
The combination of the crunchy, tart apple and the sweet, creamy caramel is just perfection! The addition of M&M’s to really take caramel apples to a whole new level!
In addition to adding a bit of crunch and chocolate, the M&M’s also give the caramel apples a lot of fun color!
What you’ll need to make M&M caramel apples
- Apples: Apples like Granny Smith work well because they’re tart. Other varieties of eating apple, like Honeycrisp, also work well.
- Caramels: Soft caramels like Kraft caramels work well.
- M&Ms: I use regular M&Ms in this recipe.
How to make M&M caramel apples
Step 1: Push a popsicle stick into the core of each apple.
Step 2: Bring a pot of water to boil. Once at a boil, dip the apples in and quickly swirl around.
Step 3: Remove apples, and let them dry. Wipe off any wax or buildup.
Step 4: In a separate pot, heat caramels and water over medium low, stirring frequently, until melted.
Step 5: Dip apples in caramel, swirling to coat. Let caramel sit for about 10 seconds.
Step 6: Roll apples in M&M’s, gently pressing them into the caramel.
Step 7: Place apples on greased parchment or wax paper. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
Tips for getting the caramel to stick
You may think that you’ll save a little time and just skip the step with the boiling water. Please don’t!
That step helps to remove wax and anything else that may make it difficult for the caramel to stick to the apples.
Trust me on this, you’ll be really glad that you took the extra few minutes to do that step.
Store any leftover caramel apples on a sheet of wax paper in the refrigerator. The apples will keep for about 3-4 days when properly stored in the fridge.
More apple recipes!
If you’ve tried this M&M caramel apple recipe, don’t forget to rate the recipe and leave me a comment below. I love to hear from people who’ve made my recipes!
M&M Caramel Apples
- 5 apples
- 11 ounce bag individually wrapped caramels unwrapped
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 cups M&M’S® Brand Chocolate Candies
- Push a popsicle stick into the core of each apple.
- Bring a pot of water to boil.
- Once at a boil, dip the apples in and quickly swirl around.
- Remove apples, and let them dry.
- Wipe off any wax or buildup.
- In a separate pot, heat caramels and water over medium low, stirring frequently, until melted.
- Dip apples in caramel, swirling to coat.
- Let caramel sit for about 10 seconds.
- Roll apples in M&M’s, gently pressing them into the caramel.
- Place apples on greased parchment or wax paper.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve.
Love this recipe?
Share your thoughts below and let’s chat! Make sure to connect with me on your favorite social platform below and show me what you made!