I was compensated for my participation in Yummly.com’s Oreo Cookie Ball campaign. However, as always, all opinions are my own.
There are two things that everyone needs the day after Thanksgiving (besides a nap and a pair of comfy pants)- an easy-to-make treat and chocolate. And these Peanut Butter Oreo Cookie Balls are just the thing! You only need 4 ingredients (5 if you’re like me and like everything salty and sweet), and they only take a few minutes of hands-on time. Best of all, they taste like a peanut buttery Oreo truffle!
Plus, they’re a great, easy project to make with family and friends over the holidays. My kids had a blast making (and eating) these, and they especially enjoyed crushing the Oreos. In case you’d like to try the original Oreo Cookie Ball recipe, I’ve included it below, too.
- 36 Oreo cookies, finely crushed (about 3 cups)
- 1 ¼ c. peanut butter (I used crunchy, but creamy works, too.)
- 4 (4 oz.) packages semisweet baking chocolate, melted
- 1/4 c. chopped peanuts (optional)
- Pinch or two fleur de sel or other flaky sea salt (optional)
- Stir together cookie crumbs and peanut butter. I like mine on the crumbly side, so if you want a smoother mixture, you will need to add a little more peanut butter.
- Shape into 48 (1-inch) balls.
- Place on waxed or parchment paper.
- Freeze 10 minutes.
- Dip balls in melted chocolate; place in single layer in shallow waxed paper-lined pan.
- Sprinkle with chopped peanuts and salt, if using.
- Refrigerate 1 hour or until firm.