This bakery-style chocolate chip cookie recipe makes perfect soft and chewy chocolate chip cookies that are so easy to make!
Everyone could use a great, go-to chocolate chip cookie recipe. The kind that's easy to make and is hard to mess up - like these Bakery Style Chocolate Chip Cookies.
This Bakery-Style Chocolate Chip Cookie recipe makes the kind of cookies that are soft and full of melty chocolate. The edges are a little chewy and a little crisp.
They're the kind of cookies that you'd find in a bakery or in a corner cafe. And if you try these, they may just become your new go-to cookies, too.
How to make bakery-style chocolate chip cookies
First, beat the butter and shortening together until combined. Then, beat in the sugars until well-combined.
Next the eggs are mixed in, and then the dry ingredients are mixed in until just combined.
Finally, the chocolate chips are stirred in, and the the dough is covered and chilled.
Why use shortening and butter?
Shortening and butter have different roles in this cookie recipe. The shortening helps to make the cookies soft and helps them to hold their shape as they bake.
The butter brings the flavor. Together they make cookies that are both soft and tasty.
Can I eat the cookie dough?
I don't recommend it. The cookie dough has raw eggs and uncooked flour in it. If you want to try raw cookie dough, check out my edible cookie dough recipe instead.
How do I know when the cookies are finished baking?
These cookies should look a little a little pale and underbaked in the middle. The edges should just light golden brown.
Baking the cookies so that the middles are just a little underdone helps the cookies to stay soft.
Storing the cookies
I store these cookies in a resealable bag.
More chocolate chip cookie recipes!
- Easiest Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe
- Chewy Brown Sugar Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe
- Chocolate Chocolate Chip Cookies
If you’ve tried these bakery-style chocolate chunk cookies, don’t forget to rate the recipe and leave me a comment below. I love to hear from people who've made my recipes! You can SUBSCRIBE to receive my latest recipe newsletters or FOLLOW ME on FACEBOOK, INSTAGRAM and PINTEREST for even more delicious food.
Bakery-Style Chocolate Chunk Cookies
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ cup butter ( at cool room temperature)
- ½ cup plain vegetable shortening
- 1 cup brown sugar (packed)
- ⅔ cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 10 ounce package chocolate chips*
- In a small bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat together butter and shortening until well-combined.
- Add sugars, and beat for about 4-5 minutes on high, or until very well-combined.
- Add eggs, one at a time, and vanilla; beat in for 3 minutes.
- Stir in flour until just combined.
- Add chocolate chips or chunks, and stir in.
- Cover, and refrigerate dough for at least 2 hours.
- Preheat oven to 375, and line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Drop dough by medium scoops (1.5 tablespoons) onto prepared cookie sheets.
- Bake for about 8-10 minutes, or until very lightly browned at the edges.
- Remove from oven, and let cool on baking sheet.