These cookies have been a long time coming. But they were worth the wait!
For months now, every time I’ve asked my son what kind of cookies he would like, he says the same thing – M&M cookies.
Bakery Style M&M Chocolate Chip Cookies have become his favorite cookies, and there’s a good reason for that.
The cookies are soft and chewy with great flavor! And they’re packed with candy and chocolate, which is hard to beat.
One note about this recipe – please don’t skip the chilling time. It’s easy to be tempted to skip it when you want cookies 5 minutes ago, but the cookies will bake out and be flat without it.
Bakery Style M&M Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup . butter at cool room temperature
- 1/2 cup plain vegetable shortening
- 1 cup brown sugar packed
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups M&M's Brand Chocolate Candies
- 1 cups chocolate chips dark, semi-sweet, milk chocolate chips, or chunks
- In a small bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat together butter and shortening until well-combined.
- Add sugars, and beat for about 4-5 minutes on high, or until very well-combined.
- Add eggs, one at a time, and vanilla; beat in for 3 minutes.
- Stir in flour until just combined.
- Add chocolate chips and M&M's; stir in.
- Cover, and refrigerate dough for at least 2 hours.
- Preheat oven to 375 F, and line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Drop dough by medium scoops (1.5 tablespoons) onto prepared cookie sheets.
- Bake for about 8-10 minutes, or until very lightly browned at the edges.
- Remove from oven, and let cool on baking sheet.