Chocolate Chocolate Chip Pudding Cookies are super soft chocolate chocolate chip cookies. These chocolate chip cookies are made with pudding so they’re soft and stay soft!
If there’s one thing that my kids can’t get enough of, it’s cookies. Crunchy cookies have been growing on me, but my kids will take a nice, soft cookie any day.
These chocolate chocolate chip pudding cookies are just the sort of soft cookies that they love. Not only are these chocolate chocolate chip cookies soft, but they actually stay soft.
So, they’re perfect for lunch boxes, pot lucks, or any other time when you need to make cookies ahead of time and still have them taste great later on.
How to Make Chocolate Chocolate Chip Pudding Cookies
Beat the butter and sugar together until well-combined. Beat in the pudding mix until combined.
Stir in the eggs and vanilla. Mix in the flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt just until combined.
Stir in the chocolate chips. Drop scoops of dough onto the prepared baking pan.
Bake for about 10 minutes. The cookies should be soft in the center and set at the edges.
- Butter: Room temperature means that the butter is about 70F. The butter should dent when pressed but shouldn’t be overly soft, smooshy, or too warm.
- Pudding: Be sure to use instant pudding mix. I’ve also used 3.9 ounce boxes of pudding mix, and they work just fine in this recipe.
- Flour: Be sure to properly measure the flour. Packing the flour will give you cookies that will be heavy, doughy, and won’t spread.
- Chocolate chips: You can use bittersweet, dark, milk, or even white chocolate chips if you prefer.
- Baking: The cookies should still look soft and puffy in the center. This helps to keep the cookies soft.
These cookies should be stored, covered, at room temperature for up to 4 days.
More Cookie Recipes!
If you’ve tried this chocolate chocolate chip pudding cookie recipe, don’t forget to rate the recipe and leave me a comment below. I love to hear from people who’ve made my recipes!
You can SUBSCRIBE to receive my latest recipe newsletters or FOLLOW ME on FACEBOOK, INSTAGRAM and PINTEREST for even more delicious food.
Chocolate Chocolate Chip Pudding Cookies
- 1 cup butter at room temperature
- 1 ¼ cups brown sugar packed
- 3.4 ounce package instant chocolate pudding mix
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 ¼ cups all-purpose flour1
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 ½ cups semisweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Line baking sheets with parchment paper or silicone baking mats. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, cream together the butter and sugar.
- Beat in the instant pudding mix until blended.
- Stir in the eggs and vanilla.
- Stir in the flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt until just combined.
- Stir in the chocolate chips.
- Drop cookies by 1.5 tablespoons onto prepared baking sheets.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes or until edges are set and centers are still soft.2
- Be sure to sift or fluff your flour prior to measuring to avoid getting too much flour in the dough. Too much flour will make for a hard, dry cookie.
- Also, the cookies should look soft and slightly underdone when you take them out. This helps to keep the cookies soft.
- Nutrition values are estimates.
Did You Make This Recipe?
Share it with me on Instagram @i_heart_eating and follow on Youtube @katedean and Pinterest @katedean for more!
Originally published 6/15/17. Updated with new photos and tips 2/14/20.
Love this recipe?
Share your thoughts below and let’s chat! Make sure to connect with me on your favorite social platform below and show me what you made!
Comments & Reviews
Wow! These turned out SO good. I chilled my dough for maybe 30 minutes before baking and they turned out perfect. I added walnuts but that is the only change I made. Super flavorful, moist with that perfect crunchy bottom. My husband raved over them. Said best cookie ever.
Yay!! I’m so glad that the cookies were a hit!
Amber Hyatt says
Literally THE BEST cookies I’ve ever made! Definitely make sure you weigh the ingredients and you’ll get a perfect batch every time!
Thank you so much! =)
During the stay at home order, in which i have doing way to much baking! For bugdet purposes, i was looking for something new, had a box of choco pudding searched and am so glad you popped up!! sooooo good! I have made them twice already?. Thank you!
You are so welcome! I’m really glad to hear that you liked the cookies! Thanks for commenting. =)
Angie H says
These are SO GOOD!!! They were gone in one day. Tomorrow I am going to try making them with vanilla pudding!?
Thank you so much! I’m so glad that you liked them! =)
Great cookies but they didn’t last long. ?
Thank you! I’m so glad to hear that they were a hit! =)
Could I use white chocolate chips and a different flavor of pudding?
The white chocolate chips will work just fine. I’ve tried vanilla and pumpkin spice flavors, and they both worked well. So, I would guess that other flavors would work well, too.
Donna Lynn says
I made these cookies and they were delicious ?. I would make them again my family lived them. Excellent.
Yay!! I’m so glad! Thanks for commenting!
I had a box of instant chocolate pudding, and I was looking for a cookie recipe to use it in and found yours. I made this recipe for the first time today, and I will definitely be making it again. I followed your recipe exactly and they were so easy to make and they came out perfectly. I only wish I had another box of pudding so I can make some more. Thanks for this delicious recipe!
That’s fantastic! I’m so glad that the cookies came out well. Thanks for commenting!
Are these cookies freezable?
Hi! Yes, you can freeze these cookies.
Eleanor Porter says
THESE ARE AMAZING!!!! AHHHH.
Thank you so much! And thank you for commenting!
Kimberly Brown says
I made a batch tonight. I substituted the chocolate pudding with Godiva chocolate caramel pudding and used one cup of semi sweet and one cup milk chocolate chips. These cookies are amazing.
Thank you! And thanks for your notes about what you subbed! It’s great to hear what worked for other people. =)
They came out perfect!! thank you. I used white chocolate chips instead. I only had to put them in for 8 minutes.
Yay!! I’m so glad! Thank you for coming back to comment! =)
Great recipe! The cookies turned out great!! I used dark brown sugar instead of light, and I like the added molasses flavor and they turned out a bit darker.
Good! I’m so glad! Thank you for commenting! =)
Karen S Hoffman says
Best cookies ever
Thank you so much! I’m glad that you liked the cookies! =)
Gunjan Sharma says
Hi there, this recipe is used my relatives of ours and I wanted to try it on my own, I am quite new to baking so I was wondering what should it look like when it is “just combined” and what’ll happen if I over mix.
Just combined means just until the ingredients come together. Over-mixing cookies can cause chewy cookies to end up tough instead. Hope that helps!
The pudding makes these cookies so soft! Great recipe!
Thank you! And thanks for taking the time to come back and comment!