Chocolate Kiss Cookies are an easy triple chocolate cookie recipe. These chocolate cookies are a perfect dessert for Christmas or Valentine’s Day!
It’s funny how much bigger all of the holidays seem to be getting.
When I went to the store to grab a couple last-minute things for Christmas, Valentine’s Day candy and cards were already out in full-force.
Valentine’s Day was never a big deal to me until I had kids. Now, my kids see all of the holiday stuff at the stores, and they want to have a big celebration for every holiday.
These Chocolate Kiss Cookies are an easy dessert that is perfect for Valentine’s Day. The triple chocolate cookies are simple to make, and any cookie topped with a Hershey kiss is always a hit.
You can use any flavor of kisses that you like. I saw some chocolate truffle kisses in the store for Valentine’s Day, and those would be good for a more intensely chocolate cookie.
More chocolate cookie recipes!
If you’ve tried this chocolate kiss cookie recipe, don’t forget to rate the recipe and leave me a comment below. I love to hear from people who’ve made my recipes! You can SUBSCRIBE to receive my latest recipe newsletters or FOLLOW ME on FACEBOOK, INSTAGRAM and PINTEREST for even more delicious food.
Chocolate Kiss Cookies
- 1/2 cup butter (at cool room temperature)
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar (divided)
- 1/2 cup brown sugar (packed)
- 1 large egg
- 2 ounces semi-sweet chocolate (melted)
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour*
- 28 Hershey kisses (unwrapped)
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Line cookie sheets with silicone baking mat or parchment paper.
- Beat butter together with 1/2 cup granulated sugar and brown sugar until well-combined.
- Scrape down sides of the bowl, and mix in egg until incorporated.
- Mix in melted chocolate and vanilla extract.
- Add cocoa powder, baking powder, and salt. Mix in until combined.
- Mix in flour until combined.
- Scoop dough by level tablespoons and roll into a ball.
- Roll dough in remaining 1/4 cup granulated sugar.
- Place 2-inches apart on prepared baking sheets.
- Bake for 8-11 minutes.
- Remove from oven, and immediately press an unwrapped kiss into the top of each cookie.
- Once cookies have a kiss, remove cookies to cooling rack to finish cooling.
Slightly adapted from Baked by Rachel.