Really, is there anything that smells better than cinnamon rolls in the oven? Between the baking dough and the buttery cinnamon filling, cinnamon rolls smell divine!
And, of course, they don’t taste so bad either! Since it’s the cookie time of year, I decided to make the next best thing – these Cinnamon Roll Bars. These bars are rich and buttery and full of sweet, cinnamon-y goodness. They are the perfect addition to any cookie tray and make a delicious, easy treat!
Cinnamon Roll Bar Recipe
- 1 1/3 c . butter
- 4 c . brown sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 1 tsp . vanilla extract
- 4 c . all-purpose flour
- 1 T . ground cinnamon
- 2 tsp . baking powder
- 1/2 tsp . baking soda
- 1/2 tsp . salt
- 1 T . butter
- 1/4 c . granulated sugar
- 1 tsp . ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Grease a 13x9-inch baking pan; set aside.
- In a large, heavy saucepan, melt butter.
- Once butter is partially melted, stir in brown sugar. Continue cooking until melted.
- Remove from heat.
- Stir in vanilla and eggs until well-combined.
- Add flour, cinnamon, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Stir until combined.
- Pour into prepared baking dish.
- Bake for about 45 minutes
- Brush warm bars with 1 tablespoon melted butter.
- Stir together remaining sugar and cinnamon. Sprinkle bars with cinnamon-sugar mixture.
- Let bars cool, and cut into squares to serve.
Slightly adapted from Better Homes & Gardens’ 100 Best Cookies.