Dessert doesn’t get much better than this Cinnamon Roll Poke Cake – tender white cake filled with buttery cinnamon-sugar filling and rich cream cheese frosting!
Please note that this post may contain affiliate links. More info available at the end of the post.
While I was in school, I didn’t do nearly as much baking as I do now. I’ve always had a sweet tooth, though, so I found time to do a little baking when I could.
One of my favorite cookbooks at that time was The Cake Mix Doctor.
The recipes were pretty easy, and I could keep a few cake mixes on hand. Then I just had to add a little to them for a cake that tasted more like a homemade cake.
I don’t use cake mixes as often these days, but I have few recipes, like my white raspberry poke cake, that I really like that get a jump on things by starting with a mix.
This Cinnamon Roll Poke Cake is one of those recipes. The cake is soft and tender, and the buttery cinnamon-sugar filling is incredible!
The cake is topped with a not-too-sweet cream cheese frosting that perfectly compliments the cake. It’s the perfect way to indulge your cinnamon roll craving!
Want to see just how easy it is to make this Cinnamon Roll Poke Cake? Check out my how-to video!
If you’ve tried this cinnamon roll poke cake recipe, don’t forget to rate the recipe and leave me a comment below. I love to hear from people who’ve made my recipes! You can SUBSCRIBE to receive my latest recipe newsletters or FOLLOW ME on FACEBOOK, INSTAGRAM and PINTEREST for even more delicious food.
Cinnamon Roll Poke Cake Recipe
White cake with buttery cinnamon sugar filling and cream cheese frosting
- 15.25 oz white cake mix
- 3 large eggs
- 1/2 c . milk
- 1/2 c . water
- 1/4 c . butter melted
- 1/2 c . butter melted
- 1/2 c . brown sugar packed
- 1/2 c . fat-free sweetened condensed milk
- 1 T . ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp . vanilla extract
- 8 oz package reduced-fat cream cheese , softened
- 1/4 c . butter , softened
- 2 c . powdered sugar
- 2-3 T . fat-free sweetened condensed milk
- 1/2 tsp . vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Grease a 9x13-inch baking dish; set aside.
- In a large bowl, mix together cake mix, eggs, milk, water, and butter on low for 30 seconds.
- Turn speed up to medium, and mix together for 1-2 minutes, or until combined.
- Pour batter into prepared baking dish.
- Bake for 20-30 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- While the cake is baking, stir together butter, brown sugar, condensed milk, cinnamon, and vanilla extract. Set aside.
- Using the handle of a wooden spoon (or similar instrument), poke holes in the cake (I poke about 35).
- Pour filling mixture over warm cake, gently spreading as necessary.
- Let cake cool to room temperature.
- To make the frosting, beat together cream cheese and butter until combined.
- Add powdered sugar and 1 tablespoon condensed milk. Beat together until well-combined.
- Mix in additional condensed milk and vanilla to desired consistency.
- Spread frosting over room temperature cake.
- Enjoy at room temperature, or chill and enjoy cold.
- Cover and chill any leftovers.
*Nutrition facts are estimates.
Cake adapted from Love, Life, & Sugar.
This post is not sponsored; however, I will earn a small commission if you purchase through any affiliate links. I only link to products that I have used and have had a great experience with. Thanks!