I couldn't pass up the opportunity to share one more gingerbread recipe before it was too late.
Gingerbread Baked Donuts combine two of my favorite things - gingerbread and donuts - in one delicious, sugar-dusted little package.
These donuts make a great holiday breakfast! They are easy to make and don't take very much time to prep and bake. So you can be in and out of the kitchen in no time.
Gingerbread Baked Donuts
- 2 ½ c . all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon . ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon . ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon . baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon . baking soda
- ½ teaspoon . salt
- ¼ c . coconut oil (melted)
- ½ c . brown sugar (packed)
- ½ c . molasses
- 1 large egg
- 1 c . milk (low-fat ok)
- ⅓ c . fat-free Greek yogurt
- ⅓ c . granulated sugar
- ½ teaspoon . ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon . ground ginger
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Grease 2 6-count donut pans.
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine flour, ginger, cinnamon, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
- In a separate large bowl, whisk together coconut oil and brown sugar.
- Whisk in molasses.
- Add egg, and whisk to combine.
- Add milk and yogurt; whisk until well-combined.
- Add flour mixture, and whisk until just combined.
- Scoop into donut tins. The tins will be full.
- Bake for about 15-20 minutes, or until donut springs back when lightly touched.
- In a wide, shallow dish, stir together the granulated sugar, cinnamon, and ginger.
- Dip the tops and bottoms of warm donuts into spiced sugar mixture.
- Makes 12 donuts.