I couldn’t pass up the opportunity to share one more gingerbread recipe before it was too late.
Gingerbread Baked Donuts combine two of my favorite things – gingerbread and donuts – in one delicious, sugar-dusted little package.
These donuts make a great holiday breakfast! They are easy to make and don’t take very much time to prep and bake. So you can be in and out of the kitchen in no time.
Gingerbread Baked Donuts
- 2 1/2 c . all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp . ground ginger
- 1 tsp . ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp . baking powder
- 1/4 tsp . baking soda
- 1/2 tsp . salt
- 1/4 c . coconut oil melted
- 1/2 c . brown sugar packed
- 1/2 c . molasses
- 1 large egg
- 1 c . milk low-fat ok
- 1/3 c . fat-free Greek yogurt
- 1/3 c . granulated sugar
- 1/2 tsp . ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp . ground ginger
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Grease 2 6-count donut pans.
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine flour, ginger, cinnamon, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
- In a separate large bowl, whisk together coconut oil and brown sugar.
- Whisk in molasses.
- Add egg, and whisk to combine.
- Add milk and yogurt; whisk until well-combined.
- Add flour mixture, and whisk until just combined.
- Scoop into donut tins. The tins will be full.
- Bake for about 15-20 minutes, or until donut springs back when lightly touched.
- In a wide, shallow dish, stir together the granulated sugar, cinnamon, and ginger.
- Dip the tops and bottoms of warm donuts into spiced sugar mixture.
- Makes 12 donuts.
Did You Make This Recipe?
Share it with me on Instagram @i_heart_eating and follow on Youtube @katedean and Pinterest @katedean for more!
Love this recipe?
Share your thoughts below and let’s chat! Make sure to connect with me on your favorite social platform below and show me what you made!
Comments & Reviews
HI, DO YOU USE DARK BROWN OR LIGHT BROWN SUGAR? CAN’T WAIT TO TRY THESE FOR CHRISTMAS MORNING!!!
Hi! You can use either. Dark brown sugar will give you more molasses flavor.
I recently started baking doughnuts, it’s a lot of fun plus they’re not fried. I’m excited about trying this recipe, thank you for posting it :-)
They are fun! =) I hope you enjoy them, and I have several other baked donut recipes if you’re interested.
Delicious! The donuts taste just like gingerbread. These doughnuts will be perfect for Christmas breakfast. Thank you!
Thank you! I’m so glad that you like them! And thanks for coming back to comment! =)
Can i use whole milk and regular plain yogurt? and how much of each?
Whole milk is fine to use, and you’d use the amount listed in the ingredients. I haven’t tried it with this specific recipe, so I can’t say for certain, but I’ve swapped out regular plain yogurt with Greek at a 1:1 in other baked recipes and haven’t had any issues.
Can coconut oil be substitutes?
I like to use coconut oil because it makes the donuts a little fluffier. However, you can use any neutral flavored oil. Light olive oil, vegetable oil, and canola oil would all work well.
Eden Passante says
Yes! These look incredible!
c'est elle says
trés bon !