I love the holidays – the lights, the food, the music, everything! We’ve been baking cookies, finishing up our shopping, and getting together with family. It’s such a great time of year, but it’s also such a busy time! In addition to the normal holiday festivities, we’re also getting ready to move. In a couple of weeks, we will be packing up a truck and heading across the country with our three little ones.
With everything that’s going on, I want (no, I need) meals that everyone will eat but that won’t take up a lot a time. That can definitely be a tall order at our house! One thing that I know will always be a hit at dinner time, though, is rolls. So, I made these 30 Minute Cranberry Wild Rice Rolls as a quick and easy side to go with soups, pasta, and other no-fuss meals.
If you’d never tried cranberry and wild rice bread, you’re in for a treat!
I used Minute® Multi-Grain Medley as a faster alternative to traditional wild rice.
Minute®’s new Multi-Grain Medley is ready in just 10 minutes, which is less than half of the time that it takes to make quinoa or wild rice.
The quinoa and rice make the rolls heartier, but the rolls themselves are still nice and soft.
Don’t get me wrong.
These rolls are great for a quick weeknight side, but these rolls are delicious and would be just as at home alongside a ham or turkey at a holiday dinner.
They also make fantastic buns for leftover sandwiches the next day.
So, whether you’re looking for a quick weeknight side or a delicious addition to your next holiday meal, pick up a box of Minute® Multi-Grain Medley, and give these rolls a try!
More easy roll recipes!
If you’ve tried this 30 minute cranberry wild rice roll recipe, don’t forget to rate the recipe and leave me a comment below. I love to hear from people who’ve made my recipes! You can SUBSCRIBE to receive my latest recipe newsletters or FOLLOW ME on FACEBOOK, INSTAGRAM and PINTEREST for even more delicious food.
30 Minute Cranberry Wild Rice Rolls
- 1/3 c . butter (plus extra for brushing on)
- 1 c . milk
- 2 T . instant yeast
- 2 T . honey
- 1/2 tsp . salt
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 c . cooked Minute® Multi-Grain Medley (cooled to about room temperature)
- 3 c ¼-4 . all-purpose flour
- 1/2 c . dried cranberries
- 1/4 c . chopped pecans
- Preheat oven to 400 F. Lightly grease a half sheet pan or a 9x13-inch rimmed cookie sheet. Set aside.
- In a small saucepan, melt butter.
- When butter is mostly melted, stir in milk, and heat mixture to about 110 F.
- Meanwhile, add yeast and honey to the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment (or a large mixing bowl if mixing by hand).
- When milk mixture is at temperature, add to yeast and honey; stir to combine.
- Add salt and egg, and stir until combined.
- Stir in cooked Multi-Grain Medley.
- Stir in 2 cups flour.
- Add remaining flour until dough clings to paddle and cleans the sides of the bowl. Dough will still be pretty sticky.
- Knead in cranberries and pecans.
- With lightly floured hands, shape dough into 12 rolls, and place dough on prepared baking sheet.
- Cover, and let dough rest for 10 minutes.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes, or until lightly golden brown.
- If you would prefer to use active dry yeast, substitute an equal amount for the instant yeast. After step 5, let the mixture sit for 5-10 minutes, or until foamy. Then, continue with the recipe as written.
This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Minute® Rice.