Super quick and easy dinner roll recipe! These soft and fluffy cranberry wild rice rolls can be made from scratch in just 30 minutes.
If you’d never tried cranberry wild rice bread, you’re in for a treat! These rolls are soft and with just a hint of sweetness to balance out the tarness of the dried cranberries.
I use a wild rice blend that has wild rice, rice, and quinoa to make the rolls heartier but still keep the rolls nice and soft.
These cranberry wild rice rolls are great for a quick weeknight side, but these rolls are delicious and would be just as at home alongside a ham or turkey at a holiday dinner.
They also make fantastic buns for leftover sandwiches the next day. So, whether you’re looking for a quick weeknight side or a delicious addition to your next holiday meal, give these rolls a try!
How To Make Cranberry Wild Rice Rolls
Tips For Making Cranberry Wild Rice Rolls
- Milk/butter mixture: It’s important that the mixture isn’t too hot. If it’s too hot, then it will kill the yeast, and the rolls won’t rise.
- Yeast: If you would prefer to use active dry yeast, substitute an equal amount for the instant yeast. After step 5, let the mixture sit for 5-10 minutes, or until foamy. Then, continue with the recipe as written.
- Flour: There’s a range of flour listed. However, there’s no need to use all of the flour. You only want to add enough flour to make a sticky dough. Too much flour will give you heavy rolls.
What To Serve With Rolls
More Easy Roll Recipes!
If you’ve tried this 30 minute cranberry wild rice roll recipe, don’t forget to rate the recipe and leave me a comment below. I love to hear from people who’ve made my recipes!
30 Minute Cranberry Wild Rice Rolls
- 1/3 cup butter plus extra for brushing on
- 1 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons instant yeast
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup cooked multi-grain wild rice variety cooled to about room temperature
- 3 ¼ - 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- Preheat oven to 400 F. Lightly grease a half sheet pan or a 9x13-inch rimmed cookie sheet. Set aside.
- In a small saucepan, melt butter.
- When butter is mostly melted, stir in milk, and heat mixture to about 110 F.
- Meanwhile, add yeast and honey to the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment (or a large mixing bowl if mixing by hand).
- When milk mixture is at temperature, add to yeast and honey; stir to combine.
- Add salt and egg, and stir until combined.
- Stir in cooked multigrain wild rice variety.
- Stir in 2 cups flour.
- Add enough of the remaining flour to make a dough that clings to paddle and cleans the sides of the bowl. Dough will still be pretty sticky.
- Knead in cranberries and pecans.
- With lightly floured hands, shape dough into 12 rolls, and place dough on prepared baking sheet.
- Cover, and let dough rest for 10 minutes.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes, or until lightly golden brown.
- If you would prefer to use active dry yeast, substitute an equal amount for the instant yeast. After step 5, let the mixture sit for 5-10 minutes, or until foamy. Then, continue with the recipe as written.
Originally published 12/15/14. Updated with new photos and tips 11/13/19.
Love this recipe?
Share your thoughts below and let’s chat! Make sure to connect with me on your favorite social platform below and show me what you made!