Light and fluffy 30 Minute Buttermilk Dinner Roll recipe that’s made from scratch in just half an hour! You’ll be amazed at how quick & easy they are!
I absolutely love quick dinner roll recipes! And this 30 Minute Buttermilk Roll Recipe doesn’t disappoint!
The rolls are soft and tender (thank you, buttermilk!) with a mild flavor and a hint of sweetness. Because of their mild flavor, they work well with any number of dishes.
These easy rolls are delicious! They would be equally at home on your holiday dinner table or alongside a quick weeknight dinner.
No matter when you make these rolls, you’ll be glad you did!
More roll recipes that are ready in 60 minutes or less!
30 Minute Buttermilk Roll Recipe
Soft buttermilk dinner rolls that are made from scratch in just 30 minutes!
- 1/4 c . butter plus extra for brushing on rolls
- 1 c . buttermilk
- 2 T . instant yeast
- 1/4 c . honey
- 1/2 tsp . salt
- 1 large egg
- 3– 4 c . all-purpose flour I used 3 1/4 cups
- 2 T . butter melted
- Preheat oven to 400 F. Lightly grease a half sheet pan or a 9x13-inch rimmed cookie sheet.
- In a small saucepan, melt butter.
- When butter is mostly melted, stir in buttermilk, and heat mixture to 110 F.
- Meanwhile, add yeast and honey to the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment (or a large mixing bowl if mixing by hand).
- When milk mixture is at temperature, add to yeast and honey; stir to combine.
- Add salt and egg, and stir until combined.
- Stir in 2 cups all-purpose flour.
- Add remaining flour 1/4 cup at a time until dough clings to paddle and cleans the sides of the bowl. Dough will still be pretty sticky.
- With floured hands, shape dough into 12 rolls, and place dough on prepared baking sheet.
- Cover, and let dough rest for 10 minutes.
- Bake for 8-12 minutes, or until lightly golden brown.
- When rolls are done baking, brush with 2 tablespoons melted butter.
- If you would prefer to use active dry yeast, substitute an equal amount for the instant yeast. After step 5, let the mixture sit for 5-10 minutes, or until foamy. Then, continue with the recipe as written.