One of my favorite (and one of the most popular) recipes on i heart eating is my 60 Minute Dinner Rolls. Sometimes, though, one hour is still too long wait for fresh, hot rolls. These 30 Minute Honey Wheat Rolls are ready – start to finish – in about 30 minutes. So, they’re perfect for those nights when you want some fresh bread but don’t have a lot of time.
30 Minute Honey Wheat Rolls
- 1/3 c . butter plus extra for brushing on
- 1 c . milk
- 2 T. instant yeast
- 2 T. honey
- 1/2 tsp . salt
- 1 large egg
- 2 c . all-purpose flour
- 1 ¼ - 1 ½ c . whole wheat flour
- Preheat oven to 400 Lightly grease a half sheet pan or a 9x13-inch rimmed cookie sheet.
- In a small saucepan, melt butter.
- When butter is mostly melted, stir in milk, and heat mixture to 100-110 F.
- Meanwhile, add yeast and honey to the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment (or a large mixing bowl if mixing by hand).
- When milk mixture is at temperature, add to yeast and honey; stir to combine.
- Add salt and egg, and stir until combined.
- Stir in all-purpose flour.
- Add 1 cup whole wheat flour, and stir in.
- Add remaining whole wheat flour until dough clings to paddle and cleans the sides of the bowl. Dough will still be pretty sticky.
- With lightly floured hands, shape dough into 12 rolls, and place dough on prepared baking sheet.
- Cover, and let dough rest for 10 minutes.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes, or until lightly golden brown.