Flavorful Greek chicken marinade that takes just minutes to make. Perfect for freezing, meal prep, grilling, and more!
Greek chicken marinade makes tender, flavorful chicken. This easy chicken marinade takes just minutes to make, and it’s made from simple, pantry-staple ingredients.
This easy marinade is perfect for freezing, meal prep, grilling, and more! And the chicken can be used in everything from salads to bowls to wraps.
How to make Greek chicken marinade
Step 1: Add the olive oil, lemon juice, garlic, oregano, thyme, rosemary, parsley, mustard, salt and pepper to a medium bowl.
Step 2: Stir to combine.
Step 3: Add chicken and marinade to desired container.
Step 4: Let chicken sit in marinade, covered in the fridge, for at least 30 minutes or up to 24 hours.
Step 5: Cook as desired.
You can! Simply add the chicken and marinade to a freezer-safe container, and freeze.
You can! Add the marinade and frozen chicken breast to your freezer-safe container. Don’t thaw the chicken before marinating.
Meat should be marinated in a non-reactive container. Glass, silicone, and certain plastics can work well. Avoid using aluminum containers as aluminum can react with the acid in the marinade.
You can! You can use the marinade for chicken thighs and bone-in chicken pieces. The cooking times will vary depending on the type of chicken used.
Ways to use Greek marinated chicken
This chicken can be used in a number of recipes. Here are some suggestions:
- Hummus plate with pita, roasted veggies, and hummus
- Meal prep with rice and roast vegetables
More marinade recipes!
If you’ve tried this Greek chicken marinade recipe, don’t forget to rate the recipe and leave me a comment below. I love to hear from people who’ve made my recipes!
Greek Chicken Marinade
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 3 garlic cloves minced
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- ½ teaspoon dried thyme
- ½ teaspoon dried Rosemary
- ½ teaspoon dried parsley
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breast
- Add the olive oil, lemon juice, garlic, oregano, thyme, rosemary, parsley, mustard, salt and pepper to a medium bowl.
- Stir to combine.
- Add chicken and marinade to desired container.
- Let chicken sit in marinade, covered in the fridge, for at least 30 minutes or up to 24 hours.
- Preheat grill to medium high heat and lightly grease the grates.
- Remove the chicken from the marinade, and let the excess marinade drip off.
- Discard remaining marinade.
- Grill chicken until chicken reaches 165F. The grilling time will vary depending on thickness of the chicken.
- Remove chicken from grill, and tent loosely with foil.
- Let the chicken rest for 5-10 minutes before serving.
- Preheat oven to 425 F.
- Add the chicken and marinade to a baking dish. An 11×7-inch dish works well for 1-1.5 pounds of chicken.
- Bake for 10 minutes.
- Flip the chicken over, and continue to cook for an additional 15-20 minutes, or until the chicken registers 165F.
- Let the chicken rest for 10 minutes before serving.
- Add the chicken and marinade to the slow cooker insert.
- Cover and cook on low for 3-5 hours, or until chicken registers 165 F.
Love this recipe?
Share your thoughts below and let’s chat! Make sure to connect with me on your favorite social platform below and show me what you made!