Over the years, I’ve been tinkering with the recipe.
I’ve made cinnamon raisin versions, added cheese, spices, and all number of other add-ins.
No matter what I’ve added, it’s always been delicious!
This No Knead Artisan Bread recipe is no exception.
I’ve added some dry milk and honey to make the bread softer and more tender and to give it more flavor.
It gives the bread a nicer crumb while still keeping the crispy, crackly crust.
More no knead bread recipes!
No Knead Artisan Bread
- 3 c . all-purpose flour
- 1/4 c . powdered milk
- 1 ¾ tsp . salt
- 1/2 tsp . yeast
- 1 ½ c . lukewarm water
- 2-3 T . honey
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together flour, powdered milk, salt and yeast.
- Add water and honey; mix until a shaggy mixture forms.
- Cover bowl with greased plastic wrap and set aside for 12 - 18 hours. Making it the night before works really well.
- Heat oven to 450 F.
- When the oven has reached 450 F, place a Dutch oven or Corningware in the oven and heat the pot for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, pour dough onto a very heavily floured (about 1/4 cup flour), movable surface (a silicone baking mat or cutting board works well).
- With floured hands, shape dough into a ball.
- Cover with greased plastic wrap and let it sit while the pot is heating.
- Remove hot pot from the oven, drop in the dough, and cover. If you're using Corningware, cover tightly with foil.
- Return to oven for 30 minutes.
- After 30 minutes remove the lid, and bake an additional 5-10 minutes, or until bread reaches desired level of browning.
- Remove bread from oven and place on a cooling rack to cool.
- Let bread cool for on a rack. If you would like a softer loaf, place in a plastic bag but do not seal.
- For crustier bread, let cool to room temperature on rack.