Friends, I love barbecue. I lived in Kansas City for a lot of my growing up years, and I think it's in my blood. Good barbecue, though, is not easy to do. It takes special equipment and a lot of know-how. So, sometimes you fake it with the next best thing - like with this Pit Beef Sandwich recipe. The meat is well-seasoned, and the liquid smoke gives it a deliciously smokey flavor. It's also incredibly easy to make! Just season the meat, and then chill it until you're ready to cook it. It couldn't be easier or tastier!
Pit Beef Sandwich Recipe
- 4 teaspoon . kosher salt
- 1 T . pepper
- ½ T . smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon . dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon . garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon . ancho chile powder
- 3 lb . boneless top sirloin roast
- 1 T . vegetable oil
- 2 T . liquid smoke
- ⅓ mayonnaise
- 2 T . prepared horseradish
- 1 clove garlic (minced)
- Combine salt, pepper, paprika, oregano, garlic powder, and ancho child powder.
- Rub meat with spice blend.
- Wrap tightly in plastic wrap, and refrigerate for 3-24 hours.
- Preheat oven to 225F.
- Heat large oven-safe skillet.
- Add vegetable oil, and brown meat on all sides.
- Flip fat side up, and pour liquid smoke over meat.
- Cook meat for 90-120 minutes, or until meat registers 120-125 F.
- Remove from oven, and tent aluminum foil over meat. Let meat rest for 20 minutes.
- Slice meat against the grain.
- Mix together mayo, horseradish, and garlic.
- Serve meat on buns topped with horseradish mayo.
Adapted from Cook It In Cast Iron.