Friends, I love barbecue. I lived in Kansas City for a lot of my growing up years, and I think it's in my blood. Good barbecue, though, is not easy to do. It takes special equipment and a lot of know-how. So, sometimes you fake it with the next best thing - like with this Pit Beef Sandwich recipe. The meat is well-seasoned, and the liquid smoke gives it a deliciously smokey flavor. It's also incredibly easy to make! Just season the meat, and then chill it until you're ready to cook it. It couldn't be easier or tastier!
- 4 teaspoon . kosher salt
- 1 T . pepper
- ½ T . smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon . dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon . garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon . ancho chile powder
- 3 lb . boneless top sirloin roast
- 1 T . vegetable oil
- 2 T . liquid smoke
- ⅓ cup mayonnaise
- 2 T . prepared horseradish
- 1 clove garlic minced
- Combine salt, pepper, paprika, oregano, garlic powder, and ancho child powder.
- Rub meat with spice blend.
- Wrap tightly in plastic wrap, and refrigerate for 3-24 hours.
- Preheat oven to 225F.
- Heat large oven-safe skillet.
- Add vegetable oil, and brown meat on all sides.
- Flip fat side up, and pour liquid smoke over meat.
- Cook meat for 90-120 minutes, or until meat registers 120-125 F.
- Remove from oven, and tent aluminum foil over meat. Let meat rest for 20 minutes.
- Slice meat against the grain.
- Mix together mayo, horseradish, and garlic.
- Serve meat on buns topped with horseradish mayo.
Adapted from Cook It In Cast Iron.