Sometimes a crazy, over-the-top dessert is just what you need. Other times, it's a simple, classic dessert that hits the spot.
These Chewy Snickerdoodle Cookies are just that kind of simple, classic dessert. They're slightly crispy at the edges and soft and chewy in the middle.
They puff up while they're baking and then cool down to the nicely crackly top that snickerdoodles should have.
Sandwich a scoop of ice cream in between two cookies for a yummy summer treat!
If you’ve tried this chewy snickerdoodle recipe, don’t forget to rate the recipe and leave me a comment below. I love to hear from people who've made my recipes! You can SUBSCRIBE to receive my latest recipe newsletters or FOLLOW ME on FACEBOOK, INSTAGRAM and PINTEREST for even more delicious food.
Chewy Snickerdoodle Cookies
- ½ c . butter at cool room temperature
- ½ c . shortening
- 1 ½ c . granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon . vanilla extract
- 2 ¾ c . all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon . cream of tartar
- 1 teaspoon . baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon . salt
- ⅓ c . granulated sugar
- 1 ½ teaspoon . ground cinnamon
- Beat butter and shortening together until well-combined.
- Mix in sugar until incorporated.
- Add eggs and vanilla, and mix in until combined.
- Stir in flour, cream of tartar, baking soda, and salt until just combined.
- Cover, and chill dough for at least 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 375 F. Line baking sheets with parchment paper or silicone baking mats.
- Stir together sugar and cinnamon in a small, shallow dish.
- Using a 1 ½ tablespoon cookie scoop, scoop out balls of cookie dough.
- Roll into balls, and then roll in cinnamon/sugar.
- Place on cookie sheet, and barely flatten cookies.
- Bake for 8-9 minutes. Cookies will be set but still look wet between the cracks.
- Let cool on baking sheet.