Slow Cooker Barbecue Beef is an easy crock pot beef dinner recipe. This recipe also includes a link to how-to directions for making your own bbq sauce.
My friends, if you’re putting away your slow cooker when the weather warms up, then you are missing out! Your slow cooker is the perfect way to make all sorts of recipes without heating up your house.
Since it’s so hot out, we usually have more casual meals in the summer. We eat more salads and more sandwiches – just easy meals like this Slow Cooker Barbecue Beef.
It’s ridiculously simple to make, and this method leaves you with super tender beef with plenty of barbecue flavor. Pile it high on buns for an incredibly easy weeknight dinner or weekend lunch.
More easy slow cooker recipes!
If you’ve tried this slow cooker barbecue beef recipe, don’t forget to rate the recipe and leave me a comment below. I love to hear from people who’ve made my recipes! You can SUBSCRIBE to receive my latest recipe newsletters or FOLLOW ME on FACEBOOK, INSTAGRAM and PINTEREST for even more delicious food.
Slow Cooker Barbecue Beef
- 1 large sweet yellow or white onion (sliced)
- 3-4 pounds . boneless chuck roast
- 1 cup beef broth or stock (I use reduced-sodium)
- kosher salt and pepper
- 1 recipe Dr Pepper Barbecue Sauce* or 3 cups barbecue sauce of your choice
- Add sliced onion to the bottom of slow cooker.
- Place roast over sliced onions fat side down.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper. I use about 1/2 teaspoon each salt and pepper.
- Pour broth around the roast.
- Cover, and cook on low for 8 hours or on high for 4 hours.
- Shred meat and discard fat.
- Return meat to slow cooker, and stir in *barbecue sauce.
- Let sit in sauce about 30 minutes on low.